I, Caveman

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Oct 2, 2011.

1. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

on Discovery now and again at 10:00CST

Shows how far man has come, but it also shows how far some are from being able to provide for themselves and survive outside our cozy lives.

What man had known how to do for 10,000 years has been lost in less than 100 years

Check it out if you get a chance. Its done by Morgan Spurlock. He did the documentary Super-size me

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Crazy when they killed that elk

3. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Showed you how emotionally weak people are now.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Are you talking about the black girl that wouldn't eat the elk?

5. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Her and the white girl crying over the Elk after they put it down

People are use to the meat fairy bringing their red meat to the store where they pick it up

People dont realize that nature is far more cruel than humans

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's true but it was still really impressive that they could take down an elk. I thought they were just wasting their time.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

If mankind tried to live like we did 10,000 years ago, we'd all die of lack of game. There are too many people in this world for folks to live like hunter-gatherers instead of accountants and physical therapists.

8. The Last Vol

The Last Vol New Member

I used to bow hunt all the time. It isn't too hard if you know what you're doing.

9. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

We are way too advanced to ever have to fall back that far anyway. However, when I talk to people about growing a garden and canning food, hunting and curing meat, etc, they look at me like I am stupid for doing it when you can buy it at Wal-Mart.

Those are the people that would starve to death if nobody was there to feed them

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's true. Gardening is growing in popularity, though.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No worries, I'd kill and eat them before they starved to death.