Santorum: If abortion becomes illegal, doctors should face criminal charges

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Oct 4, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Go [uck fay] yourself Santorum. You will never be President.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

hard to imagine abortion ever becoming illegal. kind of a pointless argument.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ex post facto law enforcement? Seriously?

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Amendment 26 vote in November for Mississippi will be interesting.

Neural tube defect? Sorry, carry to term. Your ancephalic baby will thank you in heaven.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Clearly it was God's will for the baby to suffer unspeakably, for the greater good of God's kingdom.

6. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

I consider myself to be a Christian, but not in terms some think. I believe in God. I pray to God. However, I believe what others do is between God and themselves and not my business.

Is abortion wrong? Its not for me to decide. Its between them and God.

Should you do it because you are a whore and you dont want kids, then I say no

If its to save a life that is already important to another soul, then yes

Still, its none of our business and we have no right telling another person what they should do with their own body.

But, I guess I'm not a true Christian. I've been told that before. God knows my heart and thats all that matters

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree, count. We all have to make our own choices. They shouldn't be dictated to us.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

To play devil's advocate that last line is a pretty big anti-abortion argument.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's one that is based on the assumption that a fetus is capable of any sort of decision at all, which is a fallacy.

10. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

Rick Santorum and some of the other, equally strident social conservatives are as big a problem to this country moving forward as the hard leftist zealots like Nancy Pelosi.

It's really hard to have a debate with someone who is absolutely convinced that life begins at conception.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I guess I have been living a lie too, Count. Those are my feelings as well.

12. MacReady

MacReady New Member

Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I see a lot of discussion over abortion legal/illegal, right/wrong. And in many cases it gets back rape and danger to the mother as being the sticking point as to why it should be legal and right.

What are the opinions in regards to abortion being used as an eraser for a lack of responsibility?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I believe in a woman's right to choose, period. The morality of the choice changes with the situation, but that is their moral hazard to navigate.

15. Beechervol

We agree here. I just think in the case where the first choice is abused that abortion shouldn't be a fall back.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I would never choose abortion, and I don't believe it should be an eraser for bad choices. However, my personal views shouldn't be forced on everyone else. If we want to reduce the number of abortions, we should focus our efforts on meeting the needs of these pregnant women during and after the pregnancy who feel they have no other choice instead of trying to overturn the law.

17. Beechervol

I agree with this as well and at this point the effort as a whole is poor.

18. volinbham

volinbham Member

neither is a person in a coma...

I just don't see it as cut and dried as "we can't tell someone what to do with their body". It's not getting a piercing; it's ending a life. It may not be a person yet but it is human life. I don't know the answer but don't see how anyone can be staunchly pro or anti-abortion.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

A person in a coma was at least once sentient. Not so with a fetus.

You say it is an end to a human life. Is eating a walnut the same as deforestation? No. An embryo is an embryo. A fetus is a fetus. I wouldn't call my self staunchly "pro-abortion." I am saying it is a grey enough area for national law to leave it alone.

By the way, what does a "pro-abortion" person look like? Who wants MORE abortions? No one. It's propaganda.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

volinbham's point, that it is a lot more complicated than a woman simply having a "right to choose", is still very valid. No matter how many different ways you put it, life is eminent and is being prevented by medical means. It's not irrational at all to have some trepidation with that.