Thougts about Bray

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Aug 15, 2011.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

What kind of future do you thin he'll have? Where do you think he'll go in the draft, if at all?

Obviously it's hard to accurately predict the success of a quarterback after one season, but I really think he's going to be very good. I tend to think the comments about his accuracy and decision making are a little overblown. As much as some people seem to think he's a dimwitted stoner who just lit up some bad teams at the end of the year, I really was impressed with his mentality last year.

I think he'll be a high draft pick in the NFL as well.

Just wondering some of your opinions. I know I've been in discussions like this on VN, but I wanted to see what you guys thought about him.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bray has all the talent in the world.

He's going to take risks because he has a howitzer for a right arm, and I'm okay with that.

All that nonsense about him not taking things seriously is overblown.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Accuracy problem is overblown. The fact that he played bad teams is a valid point, but we were nothing special when he took over either. We don't sweep those last four without him IMO.

I predict he will be second in TDs behind Wilson and first in gf stealing.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He's an All-SEC talent. He's going to make a lot of big plays and some plays that are going to make you scratch your head. When he starts playing strategy and not off pure talent we'll see how he really is. I'm expecting big things from him over the next 2-3 years.

5. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

He is simply young, but already maturing at a pretty good clip.

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I believe. That November 2010 schedule be damned. He looked good against South Carolina, too (after the early pick).

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The fact that midfielder seems to hate him makes me like him. Plus, he's probably got about the same physique I had when I was a freshman in college, minus some height, so that's cool. Skinny people can play sports, too.

8. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Dude makes Ainge look like a body builder.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Looks like a future pro. He's a gunslinger, which is kind of refreshing. Been a while since we've had that blend of confidence and talent under center. I'm not so much worried about his maturity as I am replacing Denarius Moore. If the receivers live up to the hype, Bray will have a helluva year.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He'll get drafted. If he doesn't get any better, he'll be late. If he has a big junior or senior year, he could be a 1st or 2nd round guy.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If he has a big junior/senior, I like his chances of going in the first round. Especially because I think he has the talent, which is what the the NFL scouts will love.

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Im in the minority, but I am still undecided on how I feel about him. He did come in and give the offense some life, but there were a lot of times last year that I was wondering why he threw the ball where he did. Hopefully after a year of growing up and learning more about the position, he will play strong this year. He will have to be better, because he doesnt have Dmoe to bail him out of bad throws this year. An obvious statement, but his success will rest on the shoulders of Hunter, Rogers, and Arnett this year.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I just don't remember Moore saving him as much as people say. Sure he had some great catches, but I don't remember all these throws that would have been turnovers without Moore. Maybe I was just blinded by some actual success on the field.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Agree on Moore. He always had the speed, but his hands weren't anything special. Dude dropped 2 TDs against VT, for instance.

I know he's wowing the Raiders right now, but I kind of wonder if he'll be the next Limas Sweed.

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

You have to remember that he was just in his first year at UT. I think you'll see a bit more bad decision making into he fully grasps the offense. And even then he will probably make bad throws/decision. That's what gunslingers do.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was a true freshman too. He's going to still throw some God awful passes because he's 1) young and 2) has a lot of faith in his arm.

I would much rather him take chances, especially since he's going to be throwing to a freak like Rogers and Olympic level athlete in Hunter.

17. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

There are going to be numerous wtf moments from Bray this year. A lot more interceptions, but on the other side, he's going to make things happen. This offense is going to be explosive I believe. Groves has said a handful times and I'm blatantly stealing it: For the first time in a long time, our offense can go toe to toe with anyone. Too many questions linger on the defensive side of the ball and will cause us some problems, but I expect a lot of 42-34 games and whatnot. They just won't all be wins. Plenty of yards, plenty of TDs, but a few too many INTs to be considered elite. He's going to be a superstar though if he keeps his head on straight.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

He is fun to watch. I hope he comes out slinging this year. Be great to actually keep the saftey from creeping up. Gotta make 'em fear the pass.

19. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

as long as the receivers step up, secondaries will be scared to death of this passing attack.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Have we had a defacto leader step up for the WR corps?