New Trap Up In The Blog Section.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Oct 5, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Some football, some other stuff.

2. It's crazy that many of the owners who are driving the lockout are current or former NHL owners. They're using the same model deployed during the hockey lockout to crush the players union at expense of the league itself.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

players will fold. everyone knows it. i'm not sure why they didn't pull the nfl route and try to get the best deal they could before it becomes deperation time.

4. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

I was on a conference call last week with Billy Donlon, HC at Wright St. His advice to assistant coaches was, "if you are with a winner, stay with them, even if another school offers more money."

It's a little bit apples to oranges in regards to Epstein but I think it does apply.

5. hatvol96

Rick Pitino says his terrible decision to leave UK for Boston taught him "You don't [uck fay] with happy." That's a good philosophy to follow.

6. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

That's great! Billy said on the call that his dad was on Pitino's first staff at Providence and left to go to Northwestern and always regretted it. Herb Sendek and Stu Jackson were on that staff as well as a few other coaches I can't recall that you may be able to.

7. hatvol96

Gordy Chiesa, whose last name I probably just totally butchered, was one of the assistants under Pitino at Providence. He took over when Pitino went to the Knicks, then bounced around as an assitant. Billy Donovan was a player at Providence then.