American Horror Story

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Oct 5, 2011.

Tags:
  1. WM

WM Active Member

On FX right now. Show looks to have some potential.

2. volinbham

volinbham Member

will look into. Back in the day (70s) every network did it (based on success of Twilight Zone). There was Night Gallery, Ghost Story, Circle of Fear, Kolchak: The Night Stalker, etc. I loved it. They just grabbed a bunch of Stephen King like short stories and made cheesy TV versions.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Will spend all night curled in the fetal position, all the lights on, not sleeping.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I have it DVRed. Between The League and Justified, FX is slowly becoming my go to network.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

This show is crazy awesome. I watched the premiere last night and have the second episode ready to go this evening. It has all the best horror cliches done pretty effectively. Jessica Lange is excellent.

6. WM

WM Active Member

Lange looks to steal the show no doubt. You can tell this is from the creators of Nip Tuck what with all the male bare ass shots. Second episode is solid as well, just trying to keep up with who is "real" and who isn't.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn't realize it was from the Nip/Tuck people. Guess we can expect it to jump the shark after season 2 and get ridiculously stupid then be drug on way too long before finally wrapping it up in a disappointing and senseless fashion.

8. WM

WM Active Member

I forgot to mention it's from the creators of Glee as well, so expect somebody to randomly break out into singing Thriller.

9. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

Good show so far. Lange plays the demented neighbor perfectly. I'm wondering who was in the rubber suit that got the wife pregnant. You know that's not the Father's baby.

10. WM

WM Active Member

Wow, did not see that coming.

11. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

The ghosts are getting a little crowded. This show is all over the place. Very entertaining though.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Same.

Oddly, my disbelief in ghosts offers little comfort from the possibility (however remote) that they may exist.

No stomach for it.

13. WM

WM Active Member

Killing off two of the mains in the first season, got to love having that afterlife storyline.

14. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Last nights episode was great. I can see another family moving into the house in the second season....if their is one. This is one of my favorite shows this year behind SOA

15. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

The official website lists this as Season 1, so I'm assuming there will be another. There are 2 episodes left in this season. I'm curious to see what this devil baby looks like.

16. tankervol

tankervol Member

FX has already agreed to a second season.

17. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

[uck fay]ing A

18. TheGeneral

TheGeneral Member

I love this show...

They could have seriously made a 'Lost' saga out of it with the twins. One bad, one evil...

But I think the 1st born was still-born..

Great show, none the less.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  19. WM

WM Active Member

Holy shit. Ain't wasting any time tonight.

20. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Wow. Craziness.