PS4 or XBox 1?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LawVol13, Jun 18, 2013.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Which one is better and why? I'm hoping PS4 because I preordered it.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Ps4 mainly because They don't make you have a camera on at all times to play a game.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

So, XBox will require the camera in every game?

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I've preordered both, it really comes down to the exclusives. If you don't care the PS4 is $100 cheaper. Spec wise the systems are almost identical.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

No, but every One comes with the Kinect camera. It has to be plugged in, but most games won't require you actually use it.

Microsoft is making the bet that if everyone has a Kinect camera, game makers will utilize it. They're also making the bet that people actually want to play games through a Kinect camera. My only hope is this move gives us more interesting Kinect integration than Dance games. Personally I never use the Kinect. If it was utilized in a completely new, creative, and non-incumbering way, I might think differently.

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

The Show is on PS4, so PS4

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've never owned a Sony console. But there is no good reason to go xbox 1 at this time. If you want a console, PS4 is the one to get.

I'm getting out of the console racket, though.

8. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

PS4. It is cheaper, slightly more powerful, doesn't require a camera to be plugged in, doesn't require a daily call to the mothership to continue working, used games will work, and Sony generally has better exclusives IMO.

9. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Not sure if true, but just saw a post on twitter that Microsoft is reversing their policies.

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

That is indeed great news

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

guess its back to the xbox.

13. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

well maybe

14. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I will get both eventually, but PS4 will be the first one I get still. They seem to be more focused on gaming that the entire entertainment system, which is fine, just not for me really.

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

That's a game changer.

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I think they have alienated a lot of their customer base though. Hopefully they go one step further and offer a "pro" model less 100$ without the kinect

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I doubt they do that. The kinect is one of their major selling points with the speech "power on" as well as other things.

18. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I was kind of looking forward to getting rid of Xbox live subscription but we will see.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If it requires kinect, I don't think I'll be getting one.