The Somewhat Late YY6 Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Oct 9, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. Tennessee played a very mediocre team tonight. They got their asses kicked.
    2. The offensive line has regressed. I almost wish I still had access to post on VN so I could ask them all how the trade of James Cregg for Hamburger Harry has turned out for UT.
    3. It's a good thing Aaron Murray is terribly inaccurate on the deep ball. If he were on target, UGA scores at least three more touchdowns.
    4. I never dreamed I'd see UT be so awful in the secondary and at linebacker. Even the bad teams in my lifetime had some winning talent at those positions.
    5. Tyler Bray got assaulted today. I'll be interested to see how well he responds to the beating whenever he comes back.
    6. Next week will be hideous. This will be the biggest mismatch in Neyland since the 2002 Miami beatdown.
    7. Oklahoma, LSU, and Alabama are playing on a completely different level than everyone else. Unless Oklahoma State can somehow find enough defense to clip OU December 3rd, the winner of the Tigers and Tide will draw the Sooners for all the marbles.
    8. People who say Lane Kiffin has no class can eat feces. His comments about Al Davis today show he has more class in his pinky than the entire Fulmer family has in all of their bloated bodies.
    9. I would hope that everyone now forgets that Al Davis got a little off track at the end of his time and remembers him for exactly what he was. The greatest football executive of all time.
    10. I have to comment on the halftime show. That might have been the single stupidest thing I've ever seen in Neyland Stadium.

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

agree with all, but you should have added somewhere in there about how Palardy is the worst kicker in the country.

3. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

The ball was kicked out of bounds LOL. My god I couldn't believe what I saw.

That throw by Simms to setup the touchdown was unbelievable. I had the remote in my hand punching in numbers to change the channel.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The funny thing is that he was having the best game of his career until the last two kicks.

5. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

I really don't understand Wilcox schemes were supposed to allow us to get to the QB, So Chuck wouldn't fondle him...........we have a non aggressive defensive line! OK, You saw this one plain as day Hat, I'm sorry. Even thou Land did some shitty things we ,He got us back in the news and in a direction.....Might not have been the right direction,but a direction. But right now were worse than that brain trust in Nashville!

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

The truth is Kiffin would have us in a better shape than we are right now. People don't want to hear that or think about that because he left us, but it is just fact.

7. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Tend to agree with you IP, but how different would the situation with the NCAA have been if he was still here?

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

10. a thousand times yes. i felt like 50% of the energy was sucked out of the stadium by that nonsense.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know, honestly. Could have taken a whole other turn based on the same evidence.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They didn't slap him with anything either, so I tend to think it would have worked out OK. Might have hurt perception a bit more, though.

11. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

because a sliced one FG through. He didn't come close on the first FG. Just because it was the best game of his career doesn't mean he was actually having a good game.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was at the game and maybe didn't have the best angle, but the first one looked awfully close to me and everyone nearby.

13. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

From the tv angle, I knew immediately he missed it. Didn't DVR it. Originally, I was pissed about that. Now, I think it was unintentionally done to protect myself.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

It was closer than most of his misses.

15. Beechervol

Who was the last kicker we had that when he trotted on the field inside of 50 you felt real good about it?

16. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I felt good about Jeff Hall, but (and granted I was young), I thought John Becksvoort was going to hit a FG no matter where he lined up.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Palardy had been unbelievably underwhelming, but I'm not quite ready to give up on him. I've seen kickers have a dismal start to their careers and make a complete turnaround. Serna at Oregon State had an awful start to his career and was excellent later on. Mike Nugent was a trainwreck his first year at Ohio State and was great after that. Don't get me wrong, Palardy may never be good, but he's certainly not my biggest concern at this point.

18. Beechervol

First 2 I thought of.

19. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

Wilhoit, and the kick to beat florida in 04.

20. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Kiffin got outcoached by Houston Nutt and Frank Beamer. He laid eggs against UCLA and Auburn. He appears to be a decent gameplanner 75-percent of the time, and then gets a little too smart for his own good sometimes and doesn't spend hardly anytime on the fact that the Hokies were going to run it down their throat, or that Dexter McCluster was actually pretty good. To your general point I think Kiffin is really good at a few things that would help us, but I am not convinced he really understood how to -- or even wanted -- to build a football program at a place like Tennessee. Dooley gets the latter; I am unconvinced Dooley can do the former.

Kiffin's assistant coaches were also doing Lord knows what right under his nose which either smacks of his incompetence, his goading, or their disloyalty, none of which are very becoming.