Dating Tips for the Socially Awkward

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Oct 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Some of us are very lucky. We never had trouble making friends or meeting people. We have dated lots of fine women and some of us married them( I did). So, as a pulic service to the socially awkward that visit these boards, we the fortunate, should share some of our tried and true tips.

1) Dress for success. No button down, shortsleeve plaid shirts and Members only jackets
    2) When meeting a girl, dont mention that you still live with your parents and the damp basement air is why you are sniffling
    3) Try not to stare or act overly excited that a girl is actually talking to you. Its creepy and it makes them feel uneasy
    4) Dont mention your GPA or that you feel that Windows 7 far exceeds the Vista platform
    5) Dont use terms like WAN, WLAN, Virtual Network, VPN, Bandwidth. Nerd terms are not turn ons
    6) Brute is no longer a socially accepted scent. Move up to at least something by CK or Armani
    7) For the love of God, no bluetooth. Its not cool in the slightest

Thats all I could think of now. Maybe some other members of the 8th will help me, help you

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

trust funds are sexy

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Some call them slumpbusters, smart people call them practice for the pretty ones

4. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Best cure for the uglies and small weenies

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Is this another AJ thread?

7. WM

WM Active Member

Keep the rape van at home.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Unless

1. The fair is in town.
    2. Field trip day to the local park for the schools.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Play darts, not pool.

Most chics are awful at pool, yet somehow capable of playing darts.

10. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

don't have virtual sex with her until you've had real sex with her (or some other human female)

don't look for hidden meaning in her tramp stamp

a hot girl smoking a cigarette isn't sexy, a hot girl smoking an expensive cigar is

if she has to get drunk in order to be interested in you, go back home to Mom and Dad's basement, you're as big a loser as Axion Jaxion or Lawgator1

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

[uck fay] that, just get on her level so you don't have to feel like you took advantage of her.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Excellent

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Poor advice if you're following the metric system. It didn't work

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'd have to lay on the table. Doubt it'd touch then.