offensive game plan against LSU truth time.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 14, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Here is the truth: the only chance Tennessee has of scoring points is for Matt Simms to be throwing the ball or scrambling three to four times for every rushing attempt.

We can't move the ball on the ground. We'll move it backwards if we try against LSU.

It is up to Simms, take that as you will.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Will sleep better tonight, now. I wish that kid all the luck in the world, but I don't think there will be enough left over after Les takes his share.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You're going to see a lot of running plays from us. If Simms throws more then 20 passes, it's because we're taking an ass kicking(which I say we will).

Don't turn the ball over and try to shorten the game by running the clock

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

We are gonna return 4 kicks , 2 that set up FGs, they other 2 make pay dirt on the return. Thats 20 points, if we can find 20 more we're in good shape.

5. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

Don't see it happening. 2 fg's. Would love to see young take 2 to the house.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

We buy a kicker last night? 100% on FGs may be asking more than two housed kick returns.

7. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

Nothing wrong wishful thinking or just plain hope. You never know it could happen.

8. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

If we even stay close with lsu in this game besides the start of the 1st quarter I will shit my pants. lol

9. WM

WM Active Member

I think posting more YouTube clips from the glory days is our only chance.

10. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

IF

D'Ro and Z'Ro can get off press coverage

IF

Simms will make a decision and throw the ball for god's sake

IF

Marlin Lane will punch the gas and go

IF

the line will stay on their man for three seconds

THEN

We might be in it until our mandatory 3rd quarter implosion.

11. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

you had me til the bolded part... The rest might possibly, just maybe, I'm just saying there's a tiny chance that it could happen. The line holding their man? Not gonna happen.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  12. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

Our D needs to be our best offensive threat....and also special teams. The field needs to be shortened significantly for us to even have a chance of putting points on the board.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

We haven't shown to be capable of playing that way. Might as well punt on third downs if we're going to play like that.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I agree. You might see an attempt at a 3 step, short route, ball control passing game against corners 18 yards off the line, but I can't picture any way we run with any consistency against LSU.

15. Line up and go for the homerun every down. We haven't been ale to run all year. We're suddenly going to find the running game against LSU's defense?

That BS of trying to force the run, like we did against UGA, won't work. I swear, I think Fulmer snuck in and was calling the plays against UGA. I hope security is on high alert for him this week.