Creepy-A$$ Cracker...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Oldvol75, Jun 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Carnival. Interior. It was in the midst of all the hoopla about the "cruise from hell". We used Kayak or Travelocity or something to search. Monitored for about a month before we booked. I'm a noted cheapskate.Booked all of our excursions directly instead of with the cruise and then just used the local taxi vans to get places. Best place I went was on a Ferry to Trunk Bay on St. John's.

http://www.seestjohn.com/beaches_trunk.html

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've seen some really great looking deals float through on travelzoo in the past. I always check there before booking anything travel related.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I could see me there. I've only cruised Royal Caribbean. I love it. I'm with you. For the money, it's hard to beat a cruise.

Unfortunately for me, we are on a cruise every 2 years schedule. I go during fall break, 1st week in October. It's cheaper then due to hurricane season, so there's that risk. So far, we've been lucky. There was a hurricane that formed behind us on our way in last year. The ship rolled some, but I'm used to deep sea fishing in a 30 something foot boat. Didn't bother me at all. The wife & kids got a little queasy for a bit but nothing bad. I'm with you on the crowded deal. It really doesn't feel crowded on the ship, and there's always something to do or eat. The best part is not having to spend 3 hours of your vacation per night deciding on where to eat. Plus the beauty of the sea and the islands you visit are dang hard to beat. I'm not going to get to go this fall break. But, we are looking into a 2 week Eastern/Western Caribbean cruise for our 20th anniversary in 2015. That will be cool.

The wife is stuck on having to go to Myrtle Beach every year. I've tried to get her to ditch that and cruise, but she won't. I enjoy Myrtle ok due to the flounder fishing, but the summer of 2012, BOTH of my favorite restaurants permanently closed. I don't care if I ever go back. Myrtle Beach.....Caribbean cruise.....seems like a no-brainer to me.

4. JayVols

If you see something killer for the 1st full week of October, I'd be very grateful if you'd let me know. If it's cheap, we may be able to do it. I do prefer to port in Port Canaveral. It's not that bad of a drive. I wish they did more than 3, 4, & 5 day trips out of Charleston. That would be killer. They seem to only go to Nassau & Freeport. Haven't been to Freeport, but outside of Paradise Island, I didn't care for Nassau that much.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I liked it very much.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I definitely want to try Royal Caribbean at some point in the future.

7. JayVols

Being from where we are, it's a requirement to be familiar with Kodak. They put many a meal on the tables around here.

8. JayVols

I love it. We tried to go Disney for the kids last fall, but we couldn't justify 2 1/2 times the RC price. Besides The Freedom of the Seas is associated with whatever company did Shrek and Madagascar. The kids liked that almost as well, plus they absolutely love RC's Adventure Ocean kids programs.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Hope you can find something cheap for October. I know that 5 day Bahamas cruises leave from Norfolk, VA (8 hours from Knoxvile) in both May and October. I was pleasantly surprised with Carnival. They put on a great cruise. Good shows, great food, everything you expect from a cruise. You might want to give them a look if you don't mind stepping down a rung.

10. JayVols

Thanks. Me too. I wouldn't mind doing Carnival a bit. I'm going to check Charleston and see what they have.

Another reason I love RC is their private island, Cococay. That's my happy place.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

We were supposed to stop there after we visited Nassau, but weather didn't permit it. Disappointing to say the least.

12. JayVols

There's nothing special about it outside of it'd natural beauty. That's why I like it so much. You can walk a bit and get away from everything.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Given his posting history and proud pics smoking weed? Seriously? I know you're dying to make it sous impossible to be black in America, but the suspicions would have been eerily similar. The whole circling back and jumping a guy thing might have been telling, no?

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

15. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Dude seems to have an inordinate amount of white guilt.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's not impossible to realize a drug almost solely associated with the black, hip hop community would not be suggested were a white kid to have a bag of Skittles and Arizona Tea in his pocket in the same situation. I don't know what turning on Zimmerman would have to do with it since that was done, likely, in anger at being tailed by a stranger, unless someone thinks he's on PCP or something. Purple drank, also, has a sedative effect, as I understand it.

So, no, I don't see any reason why a white kid would arouse drug suspicions with some candy and tea on him.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Nope, none at all.

20. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Currently in Browns Stadium. I was taking the boys for food and they said excuse me sir and the guy comolimented them. Then he says to me, those trayvon buckwheats stepped on my feet wgen they passed

WTF