Creepy-A$$ Cracker...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Oldvol75, Jun 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Always around, just not as brazen anymore.

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I immediately thought of you and Uni

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Are you profiling IP & Uni officer?

4. OrangeEmpire

Absolutely, why?

Silly to think people dont operate under bias.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I sometimes wonder if the absolute negative stigma associated with being called a racist contributes more harm than good to the situation.

6. JayVols

Right now I feel like I did when I learned Santa wasn't real.......

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Say wha?

8. JayVols

Did I ruin Christmas for you, or did you not get where I was going with that?

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Look Jay, what's next? You gonna shoot down the tooth fairy? Don't laugh. I'm a Tennessee fan. Many of us believed in Dooley.

10. JayVols

I have confirmation that the tooth fairy (actually fairies) and the Easter Bunny are real. So is the Great Pumpkin. He was "retired" back in '08 though.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i just saw this. should a drug that is almost solely associated with the black, hip hop community be suggested if a white kid had Skittles and Arizona Tea on him? i'm not sure i understand the point here.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

White people are Racist; Black people are persecuted.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Uh, no, try to think a little harder. The point was made that Martin may have been on drugs because of the Skittles and Arizona Tea he had, which were ingredients in "purple drank". Then, it was stated that, if the same products were found on a white kid, then the same suspicion would arise. I pointed out that would be, very likely, incorrect as purple drank is hugely popular among rappers and the black community, but not white. It isn't because of some stupid idea that everything is racist, a theme that is perpetuated by others on this site, not me. It's because of logic, as I outlined above.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

Sorry, it just seemed to read like you thought it was some injustice that it wouldn't be suspected of a white kid.

15. Unimane

No, I'm not at all in favor of blaming the victim, whatever color they may be. I sure as hell wasn't defending those three black kids who beat up the white kid on the bus.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Somehow the kid who died is viewed as the perp by many. Hell, in this thread someone mentioned "circling back and jumping" Zimmerman, which there is less solid evidence for than Zimmerman stalking the kid and then forcing a confrontation.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

FWIW I was speaking generally, not specifically re: this case.

Not sure there's a perp at all in this case, just a tragic no-win situation that both should probably have handled differently based on what little hard facts we know.

18. Unimane

I think that Martin was the victim, but I can also see how one could make this conclusion.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Define "forcing a confrontation." Setting the situation in motion sure, but if zinmerman was looking for a fight it would have happened the other 40 times he was following someone.

20. OrangeEmpire

I think of you when I listen to Jay Mohr sports.

Especially the email/tweets....Well Jay