[ddiapos]: Worse Than John Blake.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Aug 19, 2013.

Tags:
  1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

As most of you know, I follow OU almost as closely as I do the Vols. I never thought I would see a coach in charge either place worse than Blake. I was wrong. Dooley is far less competent. Blake at least left a roster that allowed Stoops to get up and running quickly. Dooley has left next to nothing. Once the offensive line, which #ddiapos had little to do with assembling, is gone after this season the roster becomes even worse than it is now. An utter disgrace.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The enormous splash Jones is making in recruiting in year one off of a streak of losing seasons and instability only further highlights how incredibly incompetent Dooley was in that regard. The money and facilities are here to be elite in recruiting, and he couldn't even manage something approaching mediocre.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Like I said, the incomprehensible amount of ineptitude shown by Dooley continues to blow my mind. Things like a 5 star recruit in Chattanooga who was a life long UT fan not even being contacted by Dooley until he was prodded repeatedly to do so would be a hugely damning affair for any coach. Yet, for Dooley, it ranks at about 17 on the list of incompetent acts of Precious.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dooley had a specific recruiting strategy in which he focused his efforts within 30 minutes of campus.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

We hired a coach who had a losing record in the WAC.

WTF did anyone expect?

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I may be selling him short. He did lose to Auburn and LSU while at La Tech, and he once took Hawaii to overtime. Also, he used to sit 3 rows behind Saban on the team plane, and his father coached Herschel.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Are you also aware that he is a lawyer? That ****er is smart.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Cotton looks up to him as a lawyer, iirc

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He wasn't even recruiting Hurd.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to think of any historical top 20 program that has had a worse coach. Not coming up with anyone off the top of my head. Ted Tollner and Paul Hackett at USC and Mike Dubose and Mike Shula are the closest competitors I came up with quickly.

11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Shula was better than Dooley.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Even coaches who were just as bad record wise still brought something to the table. Dooley was just a cruel joke.

13. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Hackett also had Sal Sunseri at Pitt as an assistant when he ran that program to the ground. Sunseri served as interim coach when Hackett was fired.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Solid reference!

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The job Dooley did as head coach is virtually indistinguishable from someone intentionally sabotaging the problem.

16. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I don't think there is one. The most comparable examples in recent history aren't from top 20 ranks. Dan Hawkins comes to mind, but Colorado is more like a top 30ish program. Steve Kragthorpe did a worse job, but they aren't even a top 50 program historically.

17. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I wonder how often Kippy Brown thinks about getting picked over for that loser?

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Mike Price at Alabama? That guy didn't even coach a game iirc.

Yes!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He is a good coach who just so happened to like strippers.

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It doesn't look as bad since he won a national title, but Larry Coker was extremely detrimental to the U.