[ddiapos]: Worse Than John Blake.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Aug 19, 2013.

Tags:
  1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Callahan just isn't a HC at any level. Fantastic OL coach and a pretty good OC, though.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't disagree actually, but that's enough to get them top 20. Not many programs have been good throughout history.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The thing is, there are about 25 jobs that can claim to be top 10 caliber. It's all about coaching and administration as to who is at that level at a given moment.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I know, but they did have some top 10 recruiting classes back in the Tommie Fraiser era. My point was that Callahan didn't exactly leave a lot.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Arkansas can claim a history every bit as good as Washington's.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Has arkansas ever won a national championship?

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I would definitely reverse those two. UCLA is in. Washington is borerline out, I would say.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Slightly changing the subject, minus 3 years of Herschel, UGA is on the same level of Washington are Arkansas.... Wally Butts and Dooley were the best they had in the 20th century and both only averaged 6 wins a year.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

UCLA has won one national championship in 1946 and that one is questionable at best. UW also has a higher all time winning percentage.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'd put them something like this.

Oklahoma,
    Alabama,
    Notre Dame,
    Michigan,
    USC,
    Texas,
    Ohio State,
    Nebraska,
    Tennessee,
    Penn State,
    LSU,
    Georgia,
    3 Florida schools,
    Auburn,
    UCLA,
    Arkansas,
    Texas A&M,
    Georgia Tech

12. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Therein lies the rub...I've only become aware of the ineptness of our administration over the past 7+ years. Admittedly, I was never very concerned with the president's position, who the AD was, who presided over our BOT, and/or how the academic side could affect athletics. I simply assumed that each department would work, hand-in-hand, towards the success of their respective goals.

Ahhh...ignorance was bliss.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

14. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Definitely a who's who of notable names on that squad: Switzer and Majors as coaches; Ken Hatfield, Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson as players.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Didn't know that. It could be that UCLA has gotten better rankings and bowls than they've deserved on draw/name.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It really was

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I can't agree with a list that has LSU over Tennessee.

20. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor