Carson Palmer to the raiders for 2 first round draft picks

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Oct 18, 2011.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

sounds expensive, but the Raiders will be better for it.

3. crusse10

crusse10 Member

I've already picked him up. I need a back-up for Vick. If it doesn't look like he'll play, I still have time to get another starter. Nobody in my league needs QBs right now. I just think Palmer's been keeping in shape. He'll be ready.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the raiders are actually pretty good and perhaps a qb away, but i'm not sure palmer is a long term solution.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I am laughing at a first rounder for this guy. I am obviously biased, but Carson Palmer was a pick-6 machine late in his career for the Bengals. Great deal for the Bengals in my opinion.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd be very happy if i was a bengal's fan. dalton looks at least capable and they can use those picks for the future. jury is out as to whether the raiders can get a couple of solid seasons out of palmer.

7. crusse10

crusse10 Member

A 5th rounder for Carson was a steal. Either the Bungles get nothing and no Carson or something and no Carson.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The Bengals were waiting for something just like this once they knew Dalton could play. Palmer had no option other than to retire or rejoin the team. The Bengals owned him until 2014.

The last time the Bengals and Raiders had so much intrigue was the playoff game that ended Bo Jackson's career.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this is lookign worse and worse:

Carson Palmer trade will affect Raiders', Bengals' fortunes for years - Peter King - SI.com

I'd heard Marvin Lewis would have been thrilled to get a second-round pick for Palmer, both as fair compensation and to get the Palmer distraction off the franchise's hands. But to get a solid first-round pick, plus the prospect of another first- from the Raiders in 2013, is the kind of trade that could certainly change the course of the two franchises playing surprisingly well in 2011. But this will affect both franchises for many years. The Raiders now do not have a pick in the 2012 draft until the fifth round.

10. WM

WM Active Member

Why? Seriously nobody in that organization did a double take on the compensation before they pulled the trigger?

Speaking of trades for draft picks. I have always been curious why player for player trades never get done in the NFL. I can understand the difference in MLB with the prospects system being similar to draft picks, but you think you would see a few player for player trades.

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Bullshit Al Davis is dead.............................

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who the hell made this decision for the Raiders? This is a 12 year old's Madden franchise-type move.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

14. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Oakland gave up a lot, but this is still the best they've been at QB since Gannon.

I was wondering when the Bengals would come off that ridiculous "We're not trading him" stance.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Agreed. That division is really awful. Assuming Palmer is able to simply play average football, they should walk. I really can't imagine him not out performing Campbell.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe you could out perform Jason Campbell

17. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

actually, campbell was coming into his own this year. he has played pretty well so far. i think once palmer gets situated he can put up some big numbers with the talent he has around him. was he worth possibly 2 first round picks? unless the raiders win it all this year, probably not...

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I probably shouldn't act this way, but I really hope Palmer falls on his face, even if it means the Bengals don't get the other first round pick. He acted like such a punk in the end, it is hard for me to remember him fondly.

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Guess who threw a pick-6 first game back? New uniform, same guy.