I hate Alabama...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanbill, Oct 19, 2011.

1. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I don't give a damn about the whole state of Alabama, the whole state of Alabama, the whole state of Alabama. I don't give a damn about the whole state of Alabama, the whole state of Alabama, the whole state of Alabama, WE'RE FROM TENNESSEE!

Buck Fama

Roll Tide Roll, round the bowl and down the hole.

I HATE Alabama.

Saturday may be a bloodbath, but it's still Bama week. Something to fire you up:

[​IMG]

Chiutfan likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Rivalry games are always fun.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Still can't believe that dive wasn't called a touchdown.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I have one burning question that has haunted me for years.

Just what the hell is up with Bama Bangs?

images-1.jpeg images-2.jpeg images-3.jpeg images.jpeg

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

You know how to get to Tuscaloosa? Drive south until you smell it and west until you step in it.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

We have distant cousins in Alabama. (so distant they decided to not marry out of the family and just have relations with one another)

They used to call every time Alabama would score when I was younger before caller ID. I can still remember my Dad and Grandfather cussing them and eventually hanging up. The vivid memory about how bad my family hated Bama, and even family that rooted for them burns in my memory so well. Which is all the more reason that my kids will also grow up one day to hate the bastages, too.

Buck Fama.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It brings a tear to my eye to see a parent committed to instilling timeless virtues in their kids. I salute you, good sir.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I grew up in the day when Majors was perpetually losing to Bama in the most creative ways possible. The name David Palmer is not mentioned in our household ever.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I can remember going with my uncle to a game in the 80's and sitting in LL. Can't remember the year, but remember a Bama fan and a Vol fan getting in a fight about 4 rows above us. I couldn't have been more than 6 or 7 and thinking if they roll down here and knock me off my feet it's going to be a helluva fall down from here.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Learning hate early on is very formidable experience for a youngster. And at least you learned to hate the right folks.

11. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

My papaw taught me to hate Alabama. My two earliest memories of Tennessee football are him teaching me how big the rivalry between Alabama was and watching Thomas Woods and those turtlenecks make important catch after important catch.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I have Bama fans on one side of my family going back to an autograph my cousin received of the bear. On the other side I have another cousin that walked on at UT and hung around for a few years. Orange and Crimson make for a good contrast.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I wish Rich Rod would have taken the bama job before Saban got it.

14. Chiutfan

Chiutfan New Member

My dad and Uncles always hated bama, I guess I fell in line. I did my basic and part of Ops school in Alabama, I hated it , and the stinking state. The third week in October,is normally when my Bday comes around, so some years my present would be a bama win. Others well...

Suffice to say, that bama game is one that I will turn off if its a horse race. I just cant stand to see bama win. I really have a hard time saying anything nice about bama....

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's one of my first Bama-Tennessee memories. To hell with David Palmer and Jay barker

16. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Very heated discussion at work today on who our biggest rival currently is. Everyone agrees that it's Bama historically, but split down the middle on who it is right now. The discussion occupies the last 21 emails in my inbox and has involved quite a bit of shouting as well.

17. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Those car plates with the 'T' next to the 'A' make me fume. Oughtta be a law against that crap.

18. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

This is the one week out of the year that I can legally hate and curse my family