The 8th Maxim Randy Mario Poffo Memorial Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, Aug 14, 2011.

1. tankervol

tankervol Member

Can't believe they put the World title on Mark Henry. On the other hand, not surprised at all at Cena winning the WWE title again.

2. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

What a joke.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

They backed themselves into a corner on Henry. Pushed him so hard, it would've been a waste to kill him with the RKO at the ppv. Think it's a "thanks for your service" title reign anyway. Probably have Orton chase him down and win at the next ppv.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's been there since what, 1998 or 1999?

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

96 or 97, I think. Been around for a long time.

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I agree. Having him annihilate Show, Kane, and Seamus would have made no sense if he lost last night.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don't know if this is where this thread should go, if you disagree with the placement, let me know.

8. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I think I'd put it in the Checkerboard, but what do I know other than the fact that I just can't watch wrestling anymore because Michael Cole is so annoying that I want to throw things at my TV. And he doesn't have the ability to move the storylines like JR and the King could do, Gorilla Monsoon and Heenan did or even what Heenan and Tony Schiavone could on WCW.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Can't believe TNA spent 4 months on the Bound for Glory series and pushed Robert Roode all the way to the main event at their biggest pay-per-view, and then didn't make the title change. I'm all for Angle being the champ, but they [uck fay]ed up the finish with this one, as usual.

10. CD12

CD12 Member

Hogan killed it at the last minute and turns around and puts the strap on Storm on tonights Impact.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

It's almost as if Hogan and Bischoff are deliberately trying to put TNA out of business.

Suppose they'll set up Roode to take the strap from Storm, then have Storm go full heel on Roode afterward. If I were Roode, I'd tell Hulk and Bischoff to [uck fay] themselves and go to work for Vince.

12. hatvol96

I think those two idiots are likely to go the other direction. They'll set things up so that Roode aligns himself with them, then wins the belt.

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Other than Dungeon of Doom, what major faction is worse than Immortal? It's the most random, nonsensical and unstable conglomeration to ever occupy the top of the card.

There's no strategy or gimmick. Just aimlessly toss some guys together and give them 60% of television time and hope it miraculously delivers ratings.

14. hatvol96

The Dudes With Atitudes and that horrible Armyesque faction where they used Booker as GI Bro were pretty bad. I actually think Gunner has some potential. Of course, I could have told you Immortal would be shit the moment I heard the name "Jeff Jarrett." He's been an albatross for every national company he's ever worked for. Hell, the AWA had been in business for about a million years and Jarrett's presence helped destroy it in about six months.

15. hatvol96

What? You're trying to tell me having Bubba Dudley and Jeff Jarrett in the same faction doesn't make sense? That's crazy talk.

16. CD12

CD12 Member

17. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Crime dawg!

18. CD12

CD12 Member

Empire!

19. hatvol96

The new world champion after a beer bottle using heel turn: Bobby Roode. What a shock.

20. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Where is this Kevin Nash angle going? I was kinda figuring he would've joined up with Miz & R Truth by now for sort of the nWo 2011 version. Am I close? Two totally separate stories?