At What Point...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NYY, Oct 20, 2011.

Tags:
  1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Does Rex Ryan become nothing more than a punchline?

I have to admit that some of the jokes and jabs were fun at first. It's gotten old quick. I don't like the Jets, in fact, I hate them and their toenail chewing fans. But at what point is enough enough?

2. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Unless the Jets can turn it around and start performing against actual teams this season... then probably this season.

3. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Solid comeback by Norv, though.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It's amazing what fans, and even front offices, will put up with when you're winning.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yes it was. Looked like it hurt him to say it though.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Ozzie Guillen got away with tons while winning. When the W's stopped piling up, it grew thin.

7. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I would however like to hear Rex's off the record, unbiased opinion of Sanchez. That'd be fun.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Probably would be worth listening to.

9. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Hell, Mangini probably lasts longer there, or may even still be there, if Favre's arm doesn't go dead.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He is his father's son: A very talented coordinator who gets to be a head coach and realizes it takes more than creative cursing to win a Super Bowl.

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

His mouth has already gotten old, but hey - the media is still talking about them. A 3-3 team (especially the Jets) is second page news.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

If the front office continues to allow the team to go to the dogs, it doesn't matter who the coach is.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Honestly, if they ever get that run game going again like it was a couple of years ago their fortunes will change rapidly.

14. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I've been calling Rex overhyped for two years now. Watching ESPN the last couple of weeks, it feels like the media is starting to agree with me. They might and it's a big might at this point, sneak into the playoffs, but they certainly aren't going to make any noise once they get there.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Hence the reason I hate 95% of sportswriters.