Do you root for the SEC?

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by hallowed_hill, Oct 20, 2011.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

My feelings about every other team in the SEC range from general dislike to intense, burning hatred. Unless it helps Tennessee, I rarely pull for any SEC team, because that [ussy pay] conference loyalty bullshit is for SEC fanboys and women who know nothing about football. I also hate SEC fanboys

2. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

No way in hell I can root for Overrated State U or notre dame.

3. I will pull for the SEC in an out of conference game, unless it is Bammer or Florida.

I'm getting that way about those delusional idiots in South Carolina.

I wouldn't pull for Bammer if they were playing the Taliban.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I would probably pull for Ole Miss in a game with either of them, and maybe Arkansas whenever Petrino is gone.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too.

6. crusse10

crusse10 Member

I never support Georgia, Alabama, or Florida. If any other teams are playing, I'll pull for them. I don't care if it's the Championship. I never want to see UGA, Bama, or UF get another national title.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I don't think you have to worry about UGA or Florida for a little bit.

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I will admit to have mildly rooted for Auburn last season in the NCG.

It wasn't that I wanted anything good to happen to Auburn, but the most favorable scenario ended with

"2010 National Champions: [vacated]"

and an Auburn victory was the only way to achieve that.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I basically agree. I also didn't want an upstart Oregon team, with godawful unis, Nike cash, penis head coach, talking about stupid shit like swag to gimmick their way to a national title.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

When Tennessee is winning, I want all of our opponents to win to make us look stronger. When Tennessee is losing, I want everyone in the whole entire country to lose because I am a bitter bitter young man coming to grips with boring and monotonous reality of my existence.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I would say 5 or so years ago I fell into the "root for the SEC" crowd because it seemed like the league had a lot to prove against the Big 10 lovers and whatnot. Seems to me the league is the best, and everyone knows it now, so I don't feel the need to any longer. It is somewhat conditional though. Alabama, Florida, and Georgia, NEVER. Auburn has pretty much worked their way into that category as well nowadays. Others I don't necessarily root for or against, I guess. Depends on opponent.

12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I'll never root for Alabama, Auburn or Alabama and rarely Georgia with the exception if they're playing a Kiffin coached USC or possibly Texas.

13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

or Notre Dame. I laughed my ass off when a mediocre Michigan team creamed the University of Tebow in the bowl game a couple years ago.

14. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I'm fine with folks rooting for the SEC on some level. What pisses me off is rooting for Bama and Florida. Even heard a guy say losing to LSU and Bama wouldn't be that bad because it gives the SEC a better shot at another NC. I went off.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Go Vols, [uck fay] everybody else.

16. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

This is the kind of well-thought-out philosophy I can get behind.

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

C'mon, this is the basis upon which good football is built:

57219350.jpg

18. Chiutfan

Chiutfan New Member

I root for the sec with a few notable exceptions.
    1) Bama ... dont care who they play I root against them. I hate them.
    2) Florida hate them. Would love to break the arms of a gaytor fan doing that ignorant ass gaytor chop bullcrap...
    3) Any sec team playing Tennesee