Buy or Sell

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by Beechervol, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

1. Bama covering the spread this week. (we'll use 30) Sell (Homer pick)
    2. UT Finishing 7-5 in the regular season. Buy (I think USC moved to 50-50, its time we got one of those)
    3. Tyler Bray playing another regular season game in the 11' season. Sell (not worth the risk considering UK is probably his only chance)
    4. At least one staff change in the off season. Sell (even tho right now it looks like there should be)
    5. UT wins 9 or more regular season games in 12'. Buy (schedule is worth at least one or two more

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Buy
    Sell
    Buy
    Buy
    Buy

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Buy
    Sell
    Buy
    Sell
    Buy (assuming no significant injuries)

4. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

1. Buy. Barring multiple turnovers by Alabama, this game will look a lot like last week against LSU... except it's in Tuscaloosa and Alabama's offense is better than LSU's.
    2. Sell. South Carolina certainly looks more winnable than it did one week ago, but Tennessee just has too many issues to overcome. If Georgia's wide receivers ran wild in the secondary, what's Jeffery going to do?
    3. Buy. And buy all day.
    4. Sell. I can see it being spun by Dooley that the roster is still young, inexperienced and had to absorb a lot of injuries to key guys. Of course, I wouldn't mind being wrong here.
    5. Sell. I'll go as high as 8.

5. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

I concur.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't like AL to cover. That's a huge spread and our gameplan has to be a shortened game. AL needed every break on earth to score like that against Arky and freaking Western Ky could do it Ole Miss. I don't like their offense because the receiving corps is weak. We'll use the safeties on Richardson and tell them to beat us up top, which they might do, but it's unlikely.

7. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Sell..........thats a huge spread and every single thing has to go Bama's way and every single thing has to go awful for us
    Sell
    Buy
    Buy.........
    Sell

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I 100-percent agree.

9. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I ♥ dis thread

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Mine are in BOLD

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

1. Buy
    2. Buy
    3. Buy
    4. Sell. The special teams coverage units are solid. Devrin Young looks to be a solid return man. The terrible FGs can be attributed to Palardy sucking and they are bringing in a new kicker, so that will probably save Russell's job. Joseph can claim no talent and milk another year.

If the offense stays healthy buy #5 all day long. Tennessee will be able to win shootouts against teams as talented or slightly more talented than them.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  13. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

What about Hiestand? He has been working with essentially the same group of guys for almost two years and they have regressed for most of the season.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't care if he's gone, but the OL could dominate MTSU, Vandy, UK and Arky thus saving his job. None of those teams have a DL worth a damn. Arkansas lost 2 or 3 DL.

15. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

True but the OL was supposed to dominate Montana and Cicny too. If they struggles like they did at the beginning of the year he needs to be gone. One ok game against LSU shows an exception, not the usual.

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'd be more impressed if they had a decent showing against Carolina and something not completely embarrassing tomorrow.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too.

If Dooley had been able to keep Mitch Browning, I believe Hiestand would be unemployed.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree, I just think he stays.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree, I just think he stays.

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Buy
    Sell
    Buy
    Sell