Steve Jobs Told Obama in 2010 'You're Headed for a One-term Presidency'

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by SavageOrangeJug, Oct 21, 2011.

Tags:
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

He certainly has some work to do, as long as the GOP doesn't nominate an R-tard. Which seems to be possible, considering Perry is a "top tier" candidate.

2. I'm starting to think any candidate other than Bachman could beat Obama. Even Newt might be able to do it.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

It didn't take Steve Jobs to forecast this.

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Anyone that thinks 'Cash for Clunkers' is a good idea doesn't deserve a 2nd term. That had to be the dumbest idea in American history. Drive up the used car price and get people to move up buying a new car a few months to get the deal.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Cash for Clunkers was a terrible idea. WTF was that? I was thinking about that the other day, because used car prices are just now coming back down to normal levels.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It drove up used car prices in effect because the lower-tiered used cars that were worth the same or less than the Cash for Clunkers payout were removed from the market. So if you were a poor single mother who needed a new vehicle, the kind of vehicle you could easily afford was no longer available.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

My "WTF was that" was more directed at the unbelievable disconnect the policy had with the working poor's existence.

8. mAx-see Pad

mAx-see Pad Banned

One of many.

QE1 didn't work. QE2 didn't work. Now there is talk of QE3? All while the pinheads are counting inflation without the inclusion of food and fuel?

The current crop in the city abutting the Potomac couldn't govern Tuvalu, much less the world's largest, wealthiest, and most complex democratic state.

9. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

It did because it cut into the used car inventory since those cars were destroyed.

10. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Nice avatar, goes great with 'Lurker', lmao

11. mAx-see Pad

mAx-see Pad Banned

Don't blame me, I'm just the piano player.

12. WM

WM Active Member

You've been spooked.

13. They are coming back down, because all the repos from Cash for Clunkers are hitting the market.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I laughed and I cried at that, SOJ.

15. Occasionally I hit one.....about occasionally as a Bob Uecker homerun (14 lifetime).