With all due respect to Simms as a person let me say to him

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by WM, Oct 22, 2011.

1. WM

WM Active Member

[video=youtube;MBfYQOSSPqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBfYQOSSPqc[/video]

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not sure what qualities he's supposed to have. Didn't sound all that noble when Bray rightly replaced him for sucking anus.

3. WM

WM Active Member

Maybe i just don't want to pile on a guy that just obviously sucks that has this stigma to live up to daddy's name. He might be a d-bag, granted he calls himself Batman but in the end he is just a mediocre Conference USA QB.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Thats being awfully generous

5. WM

WM Active Member

Sorry, i misspelled SOCON.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Tulsa would never consider playing Simms.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Crompton thinks Simms blows.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

We know not to hire Phil Simms as a QB coach in the future.

9. Refugee

Refugee New Member

This. I know Phil is busy with the play-by-play stuff and all, but how did he not see Matt play HS ball and think "whoa now, this kid sucks balls. Let me at least explain to him how to go through his progressions and not stare down receivers".

10. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

[video=youtube;Af-Id_fuXFA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af-Id_fuXFA[/video]

11. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I don't think Simms would beat out UT Chattanooga's QB. He looked pretty good.

12. VOLinDAWGland

Appreciate Simms for coming and giving it a shot but I've seen enough and am happy to burn Worley's RS and get him in there.

13. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I hope to never see that talentless kid ever behind center again. He may be the nicest, hardworking guy on the planet, but he is not a competent QB and we regress with him taking snaps.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

THey were talking about him on the radio earlier tonight. Saying we'd have probably won all the games we've won with Bray with Simms under center. To qualify that, they said Matt Simms would be the first person to tell you that. Great journalism. Watching him get his ass kicked by UAB (a team that had at least two QBs a good bit better than him) and watching him look mediocre against UT-Martin gave me a different impression. He brings nothing. Dude was benched in his last freaking JUCO game.

They also praised his intelligence and said he'd make a wonderful coach. What exactly is it that makes him so smart? How much brain power does it take to get rid of the ball in under 15 seconds? Look at more than one receiver? Not throw into triple coverage?

No one wants to be mean to the guy because he's had his ass kicked so hard, but lying about his talent isn't justified. He's horrible in all facets of the game. Worley, even at this stage, should be an improvement, or he's not worth all the work we put into recruiting him.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

All I know of Simms is what we have seen. He can't help us. Maybe Worley can't either, but we know Simms can't already.

16. VOLinDAWGland

And Worley brings something that Simms does not...future potential.

17. VOLinDAWGland

There's a financial concept that can be applied to Simms...'sunk cost'. When an investment is seen as bad you stop throwing more money at it regardless of how much you've previously invested.

18. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I just want a guy to be able to hit a 5 yard out route to a WR that doesnt have a defender within 5 yards of him without the ball going out of the field of play. Not asking for a miracle here, just be able to hit a simple route.

19. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

We definitely would have lost to Cincy with Simms as QB

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yep and I don't think we get the "win" against UNC, either. Yeah, we won that game.