Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 615 Vol, Oct 19, 2011.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Brandon Lloyd really wasn't worth a late round pick? Seems the Rams got him cheap to me.

2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I don't have a feel for the Titans this year and believe they would be overachieving if they reached the playoffs.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

They're 32nd in the league in rushing which is pathetic for a team with CJ and a line that usually ranks as one of the better ones in the league. Not to mention, Munchak being a HOF guard as their HC and Bruce Matthews coaching the OL. If they can get a running game going than their offense is legit. They're 9th in the league in passing now that they have a decent QB. Jerry Gray is miles ahead of Chuck Cecil coaching the defense as well. They're in a 2 team race with the Texans to make the playoffs. I think they have a good shot at making them but don't expect them to get very far.

They have to win this weekend with Andre Johnson and Mario Williams out or Houston will win the division.

4. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

It would be such a Titans thing to do if they're the team who loses to the Colts first, and I think they can do it.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I think the running game has multiple issues starting with CJ. He can deny it until he's blue in the face but missing the preseason is likely to be the cause of his slow start. He seems extremely hesitant when running like he's unsure of which lane to use or his vision is lacking. He'll get there though, he's too good and our OL is too good for them to be this bad.

I agree that Jerry Gray is an upgrade from Cecil. Our defense is much better than it showed against the Steelers. That whole game seemed off in every aspect.

I guess it's just the new coaches I'm not sure about. A win on Sunday against banged up Houston team shouldn't be too difficult so we'll see. The winner is in the driver seat.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

When I woke up this morning I had no idea the Vols would have played bama closer than the Titans did against the Texans. That was awful.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Funny thing is, they still have plenty of chances to win that division, because the Texans are by no means great

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Well, the Titans are by no means good...

I'm still thinking the playoffs would be overachieving for this team.

9. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

That Texans/Titans box score reads like a mismatch in college football. Just brutal. Aside from the miraculous touchdown drive, the Titans had 6 yards in the second half.

10. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Anyone taking a Colt's victory this weekend? I think the Titans will win, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got beat. I think they will win 24-7. I wasn't expecting them to be good this year, but I have been disappointed at how inconsistent they have been.

11. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Would bet paper money on it.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Greeny leafy spendy money? Cashy money? No way.

13. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

So I should reconsider starting the titans D/ST? I hate being attached to games like this when FF is at stake.

14. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

So, I really wanted to shoot myself after watching the Titans play this weekend. Worst I have ever felt about the Titans after a win.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

eh. They're the Titans. My expectations are quite low.

16. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Agree, I don't expect much, but the game was even worse than I could have imagined. Neither team deserved to be in the stadium.

17. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I just assume suck for Luck but it's too late for that. I'm going to be pissed if the Colts land him and they get another 15 years of stellar QB play. I guess there are no guarantees he will be great and if he goes to the Colts I hope he isn't.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Miami is in the Andrew Luck fast lane.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I wouldn't mind that at all. Let the Pats and Jets deal with him twice a year if he turns out great.

20. WM

WM Active Member

Chris Johnson is destroying my love of fantasy football.