On to the cocks...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Oct 24, 2011.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

So, what's everyone thinking about the South Carolina game?

I honestly don't know what to think at this point. I believe Spurrier is going to load the box and make us beat them through the air with Worley/Simms behind center. A few weeks ago I though this was extremely winnable, and I still think it's a winnable game but whoever our QB is will have to hit the open WR's. Jeffrey is really the only threat South Carolina has on offense so if we can double him and stop the run we should be good there.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

whoa. Did you just act like we could stop a WR?

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't have the first clue of what to expect out of Worley. I guess the positive is neither does SC.

I can legitimately seeing Jeffries having a 15 catch 200 yard receiving day.

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

The thread title is misleading..............

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I was going to name it "It's time for some cocks" but figured that would be worse.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I tried...it obviously didn't work.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That could very well be the only offense South Carolina has all game.

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I really hope the running game continues to improve. If we can find a way to get 100 yds on the ground we win this game. Worley doesn't need a career day at the helm for us to win, he just needs to do 'enough' in the passing game to keep the chains moving.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

This would be the week where Wilcox can be picked at for scheme if he doesn't have something for them..

We should be able to give the secondary more help this week. We have loaded up on the run the last few weeks, not sure we have to do that this week.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If we can run block as well as we have the last 2 weeks our 100 yrd game should move to 150+. USC has a solid D, but its not LSU or Bama and they knew we couldn't throw it either.

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

The lines right now are +4 and +3.5 in favor of the cocks. Not surprising in the least bit. What shocked me was the O/U at 43.5. I think this will be an ugly low scoring defensive game.

12. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

i saw the thread title and thought 14 had joined...

who knows what to expect? at this point, 2 completions in a row would be good.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised by Worley. I can't imagine them running too complicated of an offense off the bat. They'll keep it simple with some slants, quick reads, etc. You know, the plays that build confidence in a young QB.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I figured this was another NYY/Ten D thread

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

No Tenny D has a thread devoted to his best work titled "On Two Cocks."

Can see your confusion.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you focus on not giving up the big play. The big play is their only shot of consistently scoring.

17. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I think they would nickel and dime us all game if we play soft. Neither of our CBs can cover Jeffries which is why Wilcox needs to be dialing up some heat. Our front four simply aren't getting good pressure alone.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Rumor has it that Worley's arm-strength is worse than Simms' - if that's even possible.
    On the bright side, he has been working on counting to 3 and throwing the ball away all week, so we should see a significant improvement in our passing game against the Cocks.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Personally, I like when Teague plays bump and run coverage, sans both bumping and running.

Criticize him if you like, but say this for him - the opposing WR's have to be confused by his tactics. Fortunately, they usually have a moment to think about it while running free some 40 yards from where he stands.

20. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

I'm coming to the game with my Gamecock buddy. He is from Rockhill,SC. He's been talking alot of shit. He thinks clowney is gonna just pillage worley. We will see. He's gonna be holding up a sign saying Rockhill in Knoxville- Worley-Clowney.