Why are we still in Afghanistan?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by MG1968, Oct 23, 2011.

1. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

Afghanistan to back Pakistan if wars with U.S.: Karzai - World news - South and Central Asia - Afghanistan - msnbc.com

gee, thanks Mr. Karzai, now, go [uck fay] yourself and your country.

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

That b#$tard, we ought to burn his cash crops and lets see who would want to be afghans friend

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

We arent very good at installing leaders, are we?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why the [uck fay] is my brother over there risking his life for that sandbox right now?

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That place has always been and will remain a wasteland. Let Karzai fend for himself against the Taliban and their allies, and let's see how long it takes for him to change his tune.

Then again, we are talking about a politician that makes our politicians look like saints. He is as corrupt as the previous regime. I would like to see a rapid reactionary force and drones to deal with terrorists and bring the rest of our guys home. No more American lives should be lost to prop up that unappreciative POS.

6. volinbham

volinbham Member

Given our total out in Iraq I don't see how Afghanistan is justified. It appears we've accomplished the same in each.

7. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Time to pull chocks.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

We're still in Afghanistan because Karzai will side with whomever might prop him up tomorrow and we'd prefer it not be guys cozy with Al Qaeda / Taliban types. In my mind, we go on a rampage and wipe out the strongholds then hit the trail. Let em all know we'll be back when more Taliban types try to take hold.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

And when you say "pull up stakes," you mean literally.

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Bingo.

11. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

A good ole' scorched earth campaign

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'm not sure there's much to destroy...