Media Picks Vols 11th

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Oct 24, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

1. UK
    2. VU
    3. UF
    4. UA
    5. MSU
    6. ARK
    7. OM
    8. GA
    9. LSU
    10. AU
    11. UT
    12. SC

Pretty hard to imagine we can be worse than LSU and Auburn.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sounds like the media is yet to be cuonvinced.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I am giving you, sir, a strong and agree for this post. Bravo.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can see this team beating a few it shouldn't due to a defense that beats the shit out of the opposing team.

It's going to look like football with no pads imo.

5. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

The problem is they still have to score, which is going to be a big, big problem.

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Ouch.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Stupid ass shot clock.

8. CardinalVol

This team may make the O'Neill teams of the mid-90s look UNLV late 80s/early 90s.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Other than Stevie Hamer, this team talent-wise is superior at every position.

10. CardinalVol

But can they figure out a way to put the ball in the hoop?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm a stupid homer, but I feel like a couple of guys will step up and we'll find a way to score 60 to 70 points a game. It will be just a question of whether we can hold folks under that.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

They will. It may not be good enough to win, but they'll score some points if they want to. They'll try to shorten the game and hold the ball against good teams, but they'll try to run some teams too when they can. Part of playing good defense is putting it in the basket on your end and limiting transition buckets.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I feel like this too, I think we've got some guys who were highly regarded and haven't lived up to it, and maybe a new staff will get after them in different ways and give them a new start maybe. Maybe I'm a stupid homer too. I mean, Cam Tatum has been a decent player his whole career except for about the last half of last year, i think he could score some points. It'll be interesting to see what McRae can do and how improved Golden is. A couple of guys like Hall and hell, even Woolridge and McBee have shown a little here or there. If these guys continue the way they have it could be an 11th-place type year, but maybe they'll be better than that. I feel like Woolridge needs to stop rapping and look in the mirror, he looks like he ought to be able to play the game.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Cam Tatum is shot physically.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

His most important job this year may be being the mature, wise old man on the team