Some more TIFWIW

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, Oct 28, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

From a friend who I would say is fairly well-connected -

1. Some issues in the football complex right now. Players are getting tired of Dooley continually calling them out and are starting to think he's too self-centered. This goes back to last season.

2. Dooley and Cheney are pro-Worley. Henshaw and Baggett are not.

3. Putting Worley is was a spur-of-the-moment decision by Dooley. He finally gave in to Cheney.

4. Cheney says Simms is one of the best QBs he's ever coached.....until the ball is snapped. (Personal interjection - I do think Simms will be a decent coach one day. Seems smart, just doesn't have the skills to be a good QB.)

5. Finally, the staff already thinks Nathan Peterman will be our #2 next fall and aren't that concerned with blowing the redshirt.

Like I said, TIFWIW.

2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

1. I can understand the players getting tired of Dooley calling them out, however we all know how that can be stopped.

2. That's weird that the HC and OC are behind Worley but the QB coach and WR's coach are not. Not sure what to make of that.

3/4. I guess it could be viewed as spur of the moment, but the decision makes sense in many ways. Simms could be the smartest guy in the world, but if that doesn't transition to the field it doesn't matter. None of us really know what to expect from Worley, but I think we can all agree that he cannot be any worse than Simms.

5. We'll see...

3. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I like that some members of the staff are big on Worley, yet they also believe he'll be behind a true freshman on the depth chart next year.

4. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

my guess on the split between coaches opinions - Dooley and Chaney think Worley can fit well into the scheme and run the offense. Henshaw and Baggett don't think he's technically there yet.

Only one way to find out though - especially if they think Peterman will step in and be #2 next year. Although, that's not much of a confidence builder in Worley.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If Henshaw turns out to be wrong, just go ahead and fire him. That would be all Dooley needs to see he isn't the guy for us going forward.

6. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

I agree. That is a pretty critical judgement for his position.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

If your sack is rolled, seek medical assistance immediately. You may suffer from testicular torsion.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

How coarse of sand are we talking? Grain size? If she's a hemophiliac, could be trouble.

9. WM

WM Active Member

Nothing about orange helmets? Get to the important shit already.

10. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Worley was not a spur of the moment decision, but I do think there are internal issues on this team. I don't think that is unusual in a season or situation like this. Like every other year the key is how Dooley manages it.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Crash test dummy QB

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We are going to have to let our sources go to a duel. My guy is adamant it was.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm 99% sure it wasn't a knee jerk response.

14. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Your guy is wrong about it.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The approach did look eerily similar to what they tried to do with Bray last year against Alabama. Game out of hand, let the kid get some work. Obviously some things happened that didn't allow that.

The difference this time is that Worley is getting the go ahead against South Carolina rather than coming off the bench.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Would have to agree. They had a great idea what Simms was going to look like this season, and were preparing a long time for Worley to be ready.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Probably feel more optimistic about UT's chances against South Carolina this year.