8th Maxim List of Faulty Logic

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Nov 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Heard a bunch of snooty-assed Vandy grads were going to be there, and bailed.

Just finished up coaching my flag team, and had intended to come, but the conflict of a noon game killed my chances.

I'm shooting for Vandy, if I can stomach it.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who ever wanted to fire Cutcliffe? We were well aware that he was the brains of the Fulmer engine at that point.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

If you had been more punctual, the beans would have been perfect.... And you missed OldVol.

I appreciate your contribution to the event. Again, pleasure to meet you & hope we can do it again before long.

4. JayVols

Not to mention the fact that Randy Sanders was going to be his replacement.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'm not coming. I'm not conflicted or anything, but senior day ****s up the run through the T.

I'm blaming my wife. I don't really know if it was her fault or not, but people are more forgiving of her.

6. Tenacious D

Good God, man, how could they not be, given her plight?

I liken her to NYY's parents.

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Surely he isn't referring to 1998? I can't imagine the pressure being too high on the OC the year after Peyton left as we were going undefeated. Plus I'm not 100% sure there were recognizable message boards for Tennessee then.

Cutcliffe came back for 06-07 as a result of Fulmer's nationwide search for an OC after 2005's offense thoroughly wasted one of our better defensive units. Though his hiring--a purported nationwide search arriving at the only other OC at Tennessee besides Fulmer and Sanders for the better part of 20 years--was somewhat of a punchline, I don't think you'll find anyone to seriously question his performance given the 2005 and 2008 offenses that bookended his brief second tenure.

There was the most recent time when the KNS attempted to hire him as head coach during the search that led to Dooley, I think. Not sure how to feel about that one in hindsight.

8. JayVols

I'd forgive you, but it works for me.

9. JayVols

You're right. I'm a tad punch drunk over all this.

10. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Haha I'm just trying to provide some entertainment.

11. Tenacious D

Here's another one for the topic:

All fans from other schools are morons who can neither speak the truth about their own team, nor possibly understand and/or speak to anything regarding Tennessee.

Simply, being a fan of any other team makes you auto-stupid.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Never should have re-hired him in the first place.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Randy Sanders was terrible. Dave Clawson had no support from 8 of the coaches on staff. Cutcliffe did a good job working with the horrible staff Fulmer forced on him and made us good, not great, with quite a few NFLers on the roster. Our offense wasn't as unstoppable as people seem to remember it being.

14. JayVols

I gouged out my eyes with a red-hot fireplace poker after reading that. You call that entertainment? That's a borderline violation of The Geneva Convention.

However, it is an accurate depiction of the depths of absolute disconnect of some folks. Sarah McGlochlan is actively searching that poster down so she can use him in her next anti-animal abuse commercial.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Here's another one:

If Brent Hubbs hasn't said it then there is nothing going on.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Adding those two, [penis] and Tenny.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

"Bobby Petrino got re-hired at Louisville so that means Bruce Pearl can come back to UT!"

God, I just want to punch a baby every time someone attempts that ludicrous argument.

18. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Anyone at all think that there is any chance he gets axed before season's end now given tonight's result? I'm still thinking no, but it's a nice hypothetical.

19. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I would hire Petrino before midnight.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

46. Those in charge will always look out for what is best for Tennessee