The controversy here in Denver concerning Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, Aug 23, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

The horror... Many think he "proved the doubters wrong" now. I TOLD them Denver should beat Miami, and then they barely managed it.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he sucks. he's in year two. no way should he look this bad.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's unbearable here. I should have been issued a cyanide tablet when he was first named starter.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Had the Broncos lost, I could handle it.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Epic comebacks, on the back of a great and transformational leader, don't happen against teams with no wins.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

remember how vince young was just a "winner" and stats didn't tell the story? whose he starting for now?

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Vince Young's NFL resume makes him look like Joe Montana next to Tim Tebow's.

8. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

The Titans even made it to the playoffs with Young as the starting QB in 2007.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think Vince would have struggled too much to take down Miami, either.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Only against sub-.500 teams

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would have guessed they were running around throwing their arms up.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

And people say they aren't doctors...

[​IMG]

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

When do the tears start?

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I used to think highly of the Bronco fanbase.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Their downfall has been similar to the Tennessee Volunteers fanbase's decline.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Opponent: Tebow experiment is ‘embarrassing’

“Can you believe ’15’?” one Detroit Lions defender asked after his team’s 45-10 immolation of Tebow and the Denver Broncos. “Come on – that’s embarrassing. I mean, it’s a joke. We knew all week that if we brought any kind of defensive pressure, he couldn’t do anything. In the second half it got boring out there. We were like, ‘Come on – that’s your quarterback? Seriously?’ ”

It would be one thing if this particular defender could be written off as an outlier, but during the time I spent in the Lions’ locker room after the game – and, later, on the phone with various coaches, front-office executives and players around the league – similarly harsh assessments were uttered about the second-year quarterback making his second start of the 2011 season.

Words like atrocious, terrible, completely exposed and not even close to ready kept coming up in these conversations; a couple of Lions even used the term oh my god. They did not appear to be mocking Tebow’s devout Christian beliefs – however, at least two Detroit players (middle linebacker Stephen Tulloch(notes) and tight end Tony Scheffler(notes)) made a point of “Tebowing” during the game, imitating the prayerful pose the quarterback struck following the previous Sunday’s stunning overtime victory over the Miami Dolphins.

Opponent: Tebow experiment is 'embarrassing' - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Towards the end of the game, some of the Broncos fans started chanting for Orton. Other segments of the fanbase claimed that those chanting for Orton "hated the Broncos" and "weren't really fans."

Sound familiar?

Also, incredibly hypocritical considering those same fans saying that were the ones calling for Orton's head.

Newsflash, Denver: The Broncos suck all over. Orton wasn't the problem.

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Anyone know how Robert Ayers is playing for the Broncos? He is starting I think but haven't heard much about him this year.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's been a solid player but nothing spectacular.

He's the kind of player you don't realize how good they are until they aren't here anymore.