Phillip Rivers

Discussion in 'Sports' started by justingroves, Oct 31, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think he's massively overrated myself.

He puts up gaudy stats because the running game sucks.

Thoughts?

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

If he played for someone not named Norv it would help him tremendously.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You think?

He just comes across as a whiny [breast] baby that even his own teammates don't like.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He has been a consistent winner and helped guys like Legedu Nanee get contracts with other teams. I personally think he has carried that team on his shoulders, amidst drama queens like Vincent Jackson and Shawn Merriman back in the day. I have liked the guy since his NC State days, though. Jmo.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We couldn't be on more opposite ends of the spectrum on him. He's had one decent run through the playoffs and plays in one of, if not the, weakest division in the NFL.

Off topic, but Tamba Hali just sacked Rivers by the ankle. It was pretty amazing.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It is difficult for me to judge those kinds of things. San Diego seems like a toxic environment to me, and he seems to have excelled through much of the bs. Again, I have liked him since college. To each his own.

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Rivers getting crushed on post-game.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He did pull a Tony Romo tonight.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

In hindsight, Archie and Eli do look smart

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this generations dan marino. he'll never win anything, but put up nice stats (except this year i suppose).

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

The fumbled snap.....................I laughed

12. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I was shocked. I had just told my roommate that the game was over, unless Rivers fumbled. I am not sure where I stand on Rivers yet. I would like to see him with a solid running game and a head coach not named Norv Turner.

13. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

He didn't have a solid running game with LT?

14. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Yeah, you are right. I've never really liked the way Rivers has acted on the field. I'm just not sure what I think of him yet. I like Norv Turner the o-coordinator, but I hate Turner the head coach. I just think this whole team underachieves. I want to see the team pushed to a higher level before I am really sure what I think about him.

15. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Wish he played for the Titans.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I've never really had a problem with him. Liked him in college and haven't watched enough press conferences to really have an opinion about that. I guess I understand Titans fans not liking him after he barked at them or whatever.

I do remember thinking the Chargers made out like bandits when they traded Eli.