College gameday thread (11-5-11)

Discussion in 'Sports' started by WM, Nov 5, 2011.

1. WM

WM Active Member

Ole Miss @UK
    [uck fay] the LSU/Bama game. This is the real game for the ages. There can only be one.
    How in the [uck fay] did OU lose at home to TT? Still can't figure that one out.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Good to see Vandy give Florida a better game than UT did. Evidently Justin Hunter is the only thing making us better than a team that lost ten games last year.

3. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

How do you think Ole Miss is liking the decision to run off Cut?

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Just fine. They got two Cotton Bowl appearances out of the players Orgeron recruited and Mini-Fulmer's tenure at Duke serves to prove he has no business being a head coach.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah I don't think Cutcliffe had many more wins coming unless Cooper had a medical miracle or some other Manning that was lost at birth surfaced.

His attempts to find an even adequate QB the season after Eli were embarrassing.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

OU vs. aTm may actually become an interesting game...if not, this afternoon time slot is screwed....UK-Ole Miss? Seriously?

7. WM

WM Active Member

Luck is looking average at OSU. Close game, don't think the Beavs have the horses to pull off an upset.

8. hallowed_hill

I'd take Cut's first 5 years over what they've had since. His six seasons at Ole Miss were their most successful stretch in the last 40 years. I'm no Cutcliffe apologist, but I hardly think his record at Duke proves he couldn't be a successful head coach. His years there have been their best since the early 90's. Does that necessarily make him an outstanding football coach? No. But I think he could have provided moderate successes at Ole Miss as opposed to the next 40 years of wandering in the wilderness it appears they're relegated to.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The fact that he took the Duke job sort of signals that he doesn't have the drive to be a coach at a school that cares about football. He's found his home. Now if he gets murdered by a .500 team he can say something stupid
    Like "we could gave scored fifty points if we'd wanted to" and no one will care.

10. hatvol96

They played in two Cotton Bowls after Mini-Fulmer left. That's more than that worthless hick would have produced in 100 years there. Look at the years there without Eli Manning to lean on. Had he not had the talent Tuberville recruited to prop him up, he'd have averaged 3 wins a year. He, like his mentor, is trash.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

It didn't take them long to hire another loser in Houston Nutt.

12. hatvol96

Nutt has coached multiple times in the SEC title game. Remind me what the biggest entry on Cutcliffe's resume as a head coach is.

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Kentucky's offense may be better with their starter down. I watched most of the game yesterday, and although I would never call them good and I know they were playing Ole Miss, I at least saw the Smith kid do some things that looked like things a quarterback should be doing. His line was 19-36, 283 yards, 2 TDs without any picks.

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'm not sticking up for Cutcliffe, he sucks too, just not a fan of Houston Nutt.

15. hatvol96

Good comparison.

16. hallowed_hill

This was my point about Cutcliffe. Don't see the big disparity between the two that hat does. If they find someone that wins 7-8 in today's SEC landscape, they should be content. I just don't think Ole Miss needs to be a swing for the fences school.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think Cut's record at Ole Miss would have been very Duke-like without Eli Manning. Nutt had some 10-win seasons at Arky late in his career. I don't think Cut would recruit well enough to see any more of that. Also, while he did a fair job preparing an offense to execute properly, I always felt he was a pretty terrible gameday coach that opposing DCs figured out fairly often.