Roster Comparison

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Nov 5, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So you take the depth chart for UT's matchup against MTSU today. Then you look at the depth charts for Bama and LSU today. All the UT starters get their names put on a giant Wheel of Fortune style spinner. On the other wheel you have all the second stringers for both Bama and LSU. Would you be willing to spin the wheels and agree to swap whatever two players are randomly selected?

I say yes and the odds are quite good that it'll work out in UT's favor.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

[uck fay] ya, with Bray and Hunter not in the mix we literally can't lose.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The weight of UT's irrelevance has finally worn IP down. He's cracked under the pressure...

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Da'Rick is just as good as any wr on either LSU or Bama

5. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

By the time Maggitt, Randolph, Johnson and Arnett are seasoned I don't know if I would be willing to trade them for anybody, but your point is well taken.

6. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Furthermore...I would imagine that any other team in the SEC would take you up on that offer. They aren't just that much better than UT....they are that much better than almost everybody in the country.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

He has just as good skills as any WR on either LSU or Bama. Whether or not he chooses to use them on every play is questionable. I've seen some great catches by him, but I've also seen plenty of WTF moments too.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What receivers don't have those?

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

They all do for sure, but he seems to "take plays off" a little more than normal. Whether it's not blocking downfield, running a route hard, or simply not catching the ball. I'm sure it's his age/maturity but it really drives me crazy because he has all the skills to play WR on Sundays if he wants.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He definitely acts a little immature but his "taking plays off" seemed to go with who is at QB.

He seems to realize now that Worley has to have him doing things 100% or the ball isn't going to be there. I would be hard pressed to play balls out with Simms at QB.