Jerry Sandusky and the PSU scandal

Discussion in 'Sports' started by WM, Nov 5, 2011.

1. WM

WM Active Member

2. Paterno was the only one who promptly reported Sandusky's actions. Even he didn't go far enough.

When a child has been abused or injured, it is time to bring the law into the equation.

What responsible/moral adult doesn't know you have to call the law here?

Penn State’s insufficient action amid child sex allegations stunning

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Heard about it this morning. This could get ugly.

4. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

^this. Disgusting story.

5. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

The big question now is how will this affect Paterno? I could see this as the way the Penn State people will finally be able to push him into retirement. This whole situation is just sad and sickening at the same time.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

How could this have gone on for so long? Multiple people need to go to jail for this.

7. MacReady

MacReady New Member

Just a little shower butt [uck fay]ing, nothing to see here move along.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Reported this morning that the grad assistant reported it to Joe Pa who reported it to the AD. Yet nothing happened. How does Joe Pa escape culpability?

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You would think that he will eventually have to pay the piper, but man they worship that guy.

What is really disturbing is what the article expressed. You have a 10 year old getting raped, or at best "horsing around" with an old man in a shower, that no one accounted for. That kid is screwed, no pun intended, for life. This is bigger than football. And bigger than a sick twisted pervert.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no doubt in my mind whatsoever taht i would have called 911 in under 30 seconds of seeing that guy do that. paterno should be fired at a minimum.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He literally forgot 30 seconds after it happened.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

This makes Miami's issues look like nothing

13. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Alzheimer's card comin'.

14. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Pretty sickening stuff here, and I didn't even read the grand jury pdf. Wetzel's column was enough.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This is as bad as it gets. We were talking about Colorado using prostitutes and harassing the female kicker. If I were a Penn State fan, I'd give anything to trade wrongdoings with the Buffs.

Witnessing something like that would mess you up for life. I'd definitely have Elliot from SVU beat that dude's ass. Actually, now that I think about it, there's probably already an SVU based on this story in the works.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm just wondering how much of this is on Joe Pa?

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I guess it depends on how aware the witness made him of everything that he saw.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

legally he's in the clear i guess, but morally he should be crucified.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

To me it sounds like Sandusky might have some dirt on the AD too, only reason I can think of that'd the AD would protect him

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is hard for me to imagine not calling 911 immediately AND personally interjecting myself into the situation to get that child away from that the human garbage.