The Stock Market Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by golfballs03, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Agreed Lexington is amazing

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Yeah. We bought it before then, but that's my luck. I'm the Charlie Brown character that the rain cloud always hovers over him.

3. JayVols

One of my favorite Clarenceisms (my dad) was about subdivisions: "I wouldn't live anywhere where I couldn't fart without someone else having to smell it."

Crass yet spot-on, imo.

4. JayVols

Come on. I have plenty of area to shoot up and/or blow shit up.

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I hope it sells fast for you, and understand the stress that puts on a family. Are you in TN? We bought our place down here in Sarasota/Bradenton in 2006, when the market had just started correction. Florida was ridiculously overvalued and even with the partial correction our home value is anywhere from 27-32% below what we paid. Thankfully we're not looking to sell anytime soon, but I doubt it will ever reach original price point.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Luckily this spot wasn't that bad and and had an acre lot. However I'll be glad to be done with it.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We've already moved from it. The house is in North Knoxville, and now we moved to speedwell. Living in a house sucks while trying to sell it

8. JayVols

If I sold my place to go to Nome to do gold dredging in the Bering Sea, I'd be concerned about my sanity. But I'm not. So, I'm just going to have fun and catch a few crawdads while doing it.

9. JayVols

Love the history.

10. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Rockbridge County was third on my transfer wish list. I love that area as well.

I thought about Area 27, Scott and Washington, but the wait list is about 10 years.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Two colleges in one little town. Pretty farm land up there too

12. OrangeEmpire

Really can't beat down town in terms of history and scenery.

Stay away from the Family Day Weekend.

13. JayVols

Why a wait? It's one of the poorest areas in VA.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I didn't think you were using it as your retirement plan.

15. JayVols

Oh I know. I'd still think I was crazy even doing it for shits & giggles.

16. OrangeEmpire

Division 4 is funny. Guys go out there and never leave.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my cousin's husband is a police officer in one of the poorest areas in upstate new York. he's been with the force for 8 years, has no college degree, and makes $85K a year with a full pension. dude's house is literally 3 times the square footage as mine. it's literally impossible to get a job there. his dad was the sheriff or something.

18. OrangeEmpire

Guys straight out of the academy can make 85 easy in Northern, Va with the differential. Cost of living is out of this world though.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

well he's outside Albany. you can get a mansion for $250K. I believe he was the last guy hired without a college degree though. I also asked him how this isn't bankrupting the city, but apparently the entire police force is like 10 guys total.

20. JayVols

Because it's so close to God's country- TN.