2012 FL CB Daniel Gray

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Nov 8, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Got to hope the staff located another good one flying under the radar.

3. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I like the pickup, if he is as fast as everyone says he is.

4. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

In that film he doesn't wrap up when he tackles, he'll fit in nice with this secondary if he doesn't change that.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It seems like he's not scared to stick his nose in there and make a tackle. Didn't see as much getting after the ball as I'd like, at least in that vid. Is it odd to watch one of these videos of a CB and not see a pick 6? Don't watch that many of them.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

From Rivals

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Just read that Neuberg stuff too. Elite speed is never a bad thing. Hopefully somebody can teach him to play CB.

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

4.3 - 40? We can always use a few athletes like that on the team.

Edit: Also, is this an indication that we missed on someone or simply a "coaches like him" situation?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think we necessarily missed on anyone, he is just filling a desperate need for some speed on a slow team.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll add this too, Gray has only played football for one or two seasons. He's an EE. He'll get an entire spring to learn. Tennessee has Tino and Crawley coming in as well. Gray could be a redshirt and it not hurt as he learns to play the game.

Raw athleticism is something that can't be coached.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You sure? I was under the impression from watching our guys that coverage can't be coached.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

On that note, I'm curious to see player development under this staff. I'm still not sure if they can take a good player and make him great.

13. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

I went over on VN to see this and I read where there is some chatter that Tino may not end up here.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Long time until signing day. Who knows?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hubbs still thinks Tino will be here in January. Take it for what it is worth. Certainly is something to keep an eye on.

16. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Apparently we told him to look around.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

This will go over well with the VFLer's. Trade a quality gentleman for a thief.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

We are back to not recruiting angels? Good.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I laughed.

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Bonner looks like the better player, so I'm happy Dooley decided to stop recruiting "high character" over actual talent. He also has a way cooler name.