Global Warming

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kptvol, Oct 12, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Figure we needed a place to discuss it. No hacks like TennTradition allowed.

It's fairly cool outside today, so I'm assuming the whole thing is a load of crap.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

this summer was hot up in here, so I'm now on board. Will consult gsvol when I congratulate him for not winning the tourney.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Blah, blah, blah... :)

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

This thread has made me believe that weather is climate. Ig Nobel for Al Gore.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Worst case scenario, one less witch.

6. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

I will worry when palm trees start growing in the Artic

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Witch smoke is carcinogenic.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Witch smoke correlates very highly with death in witches.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Ive always held the opinion if its too hot for ya move north. If its too cold move south.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

What about when it is both?

11. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

buy a Trane

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The year without a summer is fascinating. One large plinian eruption, and boom: the world's thermostat gets cranked down a good 5 degrees globally. It shows up in all the tree rings from trees alive at that time, too.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Of course it is IP.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't write the article, I just linked it. Did you read it and follow the links?

16. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

is a warming of less than one degree since the 1950's somehow proof that it's man-made?

also, the author sounds like an Al Gore sycophant

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If you begin your article like this:

you are an ass-clown.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is an example of moving the goal posts. It used to be, "there is no global warming." Now it is, "but no one can prove it is man-made!" ...Even though atmospheric physics say it is.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

To be clear, you think the warming and the spike in atmospheric CO2 of anthropogenic origin (provable via isotopic analysis) are merely coincidental?

Do you believe carbon dioxide does not absorb and re-radiate long-wave radiation?

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn't see a whole lot from his article that proves otherwise. Regardless, he's sounding a collective call to arms and asking for the other side to join him, while simultaneously refusing to even call them skeptics without putting skeptics in quotation marks, calling them insane, paralytic, and non-sentient. He presents the article as a noble gesture to save the planet when it's really a poorly-veiled attack piece.