Kevin Sumlin - the other guy

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by 615 Vol, Nov 11, 2011.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I remember when Dooley was hired, Kevin Sumlin was the other name being thrown out as a potential hire. Mike decided that Will Muschamp knew what was best for UT and that he needed a pro-style guy that could run the ball. Still waiting for that running game while Sumlin is killing it in Houston right now. I like Dooley's personality but Sumlin would have been a better hire. The best part is that while Houston is known for passing the ball, their running back had over 200 yards last night.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Trains run circuitous routes.

They leave the station, but later return. Unless they jump tracks and head due north, instead.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Yeah, I know that train has left the station and I wouldn't have posted anything if they hadn't played last night. That's what put it on my mind after seeing the results this guy continues to pile up. I realize he isn't playing LSU or Bama but he's not coaching an SEC squad himself. I know it's water under the bridge at this point but it does shoot a hole in the argument that no good coach was available based on the timing and circumstances of the situation. He's a Purdue guy like Cuonzo and Cheney, wonder if they have any connections?

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You got that half right...