Could Gingrich beat Obama? Gingrich tied with Romney in national poll, Cain leads

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by SavageOrangeJug, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Same here.

I've said for a year, the only people Obama can probably beat are Palin and Gingrich.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The three hour Lincoln-Douglas style debates he is promising with Barack Obama intrigue me.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Better qualified, but doesn't have a lot of popular appeal.

4. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

he may not be popular but he is a good at debates

5. I would pay $100 to watch Newt debate Obama without teleprompters. Obama's handlers would NEVER agree to such an arrangement. Their boy can't say shit with a mouthful without a teleprompter.

I would pay $200 to watch Obama debate Congressman Allen West without Teleprompters.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I still say no, even though I'm probably going to vote for him in the primary.

And I would also love to see him debate Obama.

7. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

it would be enjoyable to see obama have his ass handed to him by newt

8. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I'll never understand why the R's allow the media to dictate the rules of the debates ... why limit answers to 60 seconds? If you're polling in the bottom half of the group, you might get a couple of questions and that's it ... our country's problems can't be solved in sound bytes ... I would luv to see them sit around a table like they did in that one debate and talk as long as they need to ... prolly never happen

Obama would never go for a Lincoln/Douglas type debate .. no way that will happen

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

how many women will vote for a guy not named bill clinton that cheated on his wife and married the mistress TWO TIMES?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can't fathom why R's on this forum can say they'd vote for Newt but in the same breath admit he's not electable. Gunning for Obama: Reloaded?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm going to hold down my puke and vote for romney for that very reason.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If he makes it to the general I will do the same.

13. I'll vote for Newt in the primary, but the nomination is Romney's to lose. In the general election it will be choke it down and vote Romney (against Obama).

I'm sick of voting AGAINST one guy instead of voting FOR a guy that I agree with.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you guys are a representative sampling of the Republican party, prepare to lose then. Enjoy Gingrich's debate moral victories on the way to a defeat.

15. Beechervol

I don't think he makes it to the general.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you guys are representative, he does.

17. Beechervol

The rest of the country isn't that smart. Lol

Naw, Im not sure who Im voting for right now.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

This time four years ago, people were debating Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani. Any number of crazy, silly, unheard of things will happen in the next few weeks which will cause bumps and spikes in the polling. Gingrich, Perry and Cain will (and have) experienced this first hand.