US Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, Nov 11, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm watching the France friendly. The US looks a bit sharper than they have in their past few outings under Klinnsman. I am still skeptical that his plan will work with our limitations in talent, but we will see.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Klinnsman says all the right things but there hasn't been much to show for it so far.

Shea, Altidore, Dempsey and Donovan are not a bad group up front. The back is one piece away. The midfield the jury is out on. Howard's skills are diminishing but he is probably still the best available.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I like most of the MF guys we play but it seems like they're missing somebody who makes things happen. I think guys like Jones, Edu, and Bradley would be enhanced by playing with somebody like that.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just don't get why the Yanks shit the bed when they possess the ball past midfield. All of a sudden, they don't know how to make a good pass.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I have a million theories about this, but in short I will say that the organization of American youth soccer has had a debilitating effect on scoring and offense in particular.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

The USA is up 3-1 on Slovenia. Looking better, and Slovenia was a World Cup team.

Interestingly, the USA is attacking like crazy but shaky on defense. A total reversal of normal.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Little Bradley has helped in the middle. I think he needs to be a starter again full-time. He is getting playing time in Italia Serie-A as well.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some very non-beneficial officiating overall, though. Uncalled handball in the box, obvious flops with no contact, etc. for Slovenia.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

3-2. USA defense looking terrible, and they aren't attacking anymore.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain