Radically Invasive Projectile (R.I.P) Gun Ammo

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Jan 26, 2014.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

[video=youtube;mJGH7cDFw7c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mJGH7cDFw7c[/video]

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That will be outlawed in the US before it hits shelves.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I want some. Now.

I carry DPM deep thin-walled solid copper hollow points in my LCP chambered in .380. This round would blow that away, pun intended. Looks like the round would more than compensate for the less "stopping power" of smaller carry-designed handguns. I like it.

I thought the almost passe' insertion of the fact that it penetrates "multiple layers of denim" to be a bit of subtle genius.

4. JayVols

Let a man dream, floatman. I hope the wheels of govt turn as slow as usual allowing me to purchase a round or thousand before they 86 them.

5. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

I don't buy into the stopping power conversations. A hole through the heart will kill you no matter if its .380, 9mm, or .45.

6. JayVols

I agree, but when things happen in seconds & fraction of seconds while at a range inside a yard and shooting from the hip, I don't buy your argument. Give me time, and I'll put a round up a flea's ass. I pray that I never am in a situation that requires it, but I don't think someone intent on harm will heed my request to give me time/distance to assume a proper firing position, calm my breathing, sight in his heart, & then gently squeeze the trigger. Great sound bite, but it has little real world application unless you're a world-class marksman.

7. fl0at_

Has to get to the heart.

Studies have shown that low caliber rounds have expanded on clothing, and thus vastly limited penetration.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can't hit shit with a handgun. I need all the help I can get

9. syndicate

Still kinda moot. A man carries a .45 and a real man carries a desert eagle in .50.

10. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

An eagle is a waste of time and money.

11. fl0at_

Very much not moot.

Pretty well defined the problem.

A couple of years ago, two men in Tennessee got into an argument. The smaller of the two had his carry permit, and tried to get away from the big man who attacked him. He was unable, so he pulled and emptied his pocket 380 into the man, who went down.

The smaller man got up, left his gun and ran into a nearby restaurant to hide. The larger man got up, tracked him down and beat him to death.

So if your options are .45 or .50 AE, then maybe don't worry.

But everyone else should give it some serious thought.

12. syndicate

So is everything else in life that is fun.

For the record that was just a little BS. I don't have a deagle, but only because I don't have 2 grand to spend on a handgun.

13. OrangeEmpire

I got a buddy who dropped a large sum of money on a big boy Barrett and he has yet to shoot it in 2 years.

It's like gismos and gadgets, that's where they make their money.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

When I first saw the title, I assumed it was some kind of miniature submunition or something.

It is almost as gruesome. Would there be some legal rammifications to using a round like this in home defense? I know you are not allowed to put chains/razors/etc in a shotgun round (or are you?).

15. syndicate

Google exotic shotgun ammo. It will amaze you.

16. OrangeEmpire

Dragons breath

17. syndicate

They make some bad ass rounds.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I carry the .357. What can I say? I like them hot.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Where was he hitting him?

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I like a .357 and 1911 .45 in pistols