Cordarelle Patterson 2012 JUCO WR

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Nov 14, 2011.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The No.1 overall Juco player in the nation and he is still interested in the Vols. He is a former teammate of Justin Worley. Folks who know high school football in SC said he is the best WR ever seen in the state. That includes the likes of AJ Green, Sidney Rice, Roddey White, etc.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a Vol.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh ya. I hope we explode next year like Hunter's ACL.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Bump to give JG some e-cred.

5. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

His coach at Hutchinson said he is the best talent the school has ever had. He went as far as to say he was in a different league than even Reggie Nelson, who was an All-American on UF's 2006 NC team and a first round draft pick.

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Kpt, everyone I talk to said the sky's the limit for this one.

8. Brinkley52

Brinkley52 The Patterson Prophecies

UT fans should be thrilled with this one. Patterson is the 2nd best pure athlete I have ever covered (JaDeveon Clowney being the first). I think Patterson was better than Stephon Gilmore (Gamecocks) when both were in school, however Patterson lacked the grades to get eligible, so was never really recruited. If this was three years ago and Patterson was fresh out of high school, I would say he has a chance to start immediately. Now that he has had 2 years to hone his skills, he should start immediately. He is an overall better threat than both Hunter and Rodgers. I imagine with this signing, Tennessee has to seriously look at keeping these three on the field all the time.
    The only knock on Patterson signing, is I think it cost the Vols in getting Quinshad Davis. Davis is an elite talent as well and he gives you at least three years, while you may only get one out of Patterson. If he has a breakout year, he is gone after 1 season.

9. Brinkley52

Brinkley52 The Patterson Prophecies

I would agree with this statement. Green was an elite talent in high school, however he did it in a run based offense where many teams were stacking the line against the run, allowing Green single coverage from undersized DBs. Patterson was always double and sometimes triple teamed, in a pass first offense so people KNEW he was getting the ball, but he still made catches. Based on what I saw in high school, Patterson is better than the four above mentioned.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I'll believe he's better than Justin Hunter when I see it, because I think a healthy Hunter is a real Biletnikoff contender. But I'd love for him to be better.

11. SaintBruce

SaintBruce New Member

He won't be. Here is a list of JUCO WRs ranked in the top 10 since 2005

He will be decent, but I highly doubt he's going to live up to the hype.