Netflix

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, May 27, 2012.

Tags:
  1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Reactivated my membership, today, after a long hiatus. After paying something near $2.3 billion per month, I was granted the "ability" to both stream video and get DVDs by mail.

I discovered that Johnny Dangerously was available for stream, until June 1st, and thus attempted to stream the movie. The fargin' sneaky bastages decided that linux was too communist for them, and rejected my claim to stream, leaving me with no option to stream movies, except via my xBox, which was built in 1935, and refuses to update to any new firmware.

As a result, I'm now watching a movie on my iPad, which only has 3% battery power left.

FML?

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I'm thinking about cancelling my streaming and re-adding it when Breaking Bad S4 is added.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

cancelled netflix about 3 months ago. I had watched everything streaming that I wanted to watch, and was only watching stuff once a month.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

#firstworldproblems

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What is Johnny Dangerously?

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Movie from the 80s with Micheal Keeton. Dumb as hell, but quoteable. JayVols will quote it every now and then.

7. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

It's amazing how limited their streaming selection has gotten over the course of the past year or so. There's still some good stuff on there, but it's fewer and farther between now. I think about cancelling my account every now and them, but still log on just enough to justify the 9 bucks I spend on the streaming service each month.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  8. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

I get a lot of use out of the DVD service. I have a lot of movies that I wanted to see and never got a chance. A lot of classics and movies I just don't want to spend 12 bucks to see in theatres.

Plus, my GF and I love to watch movies. I get my money's worth out of it. I can usually get 15-20 movies a month

9. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

nm

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  10. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Caveman is funny, try it!

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Lawless on DVD was really good.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Been watching The Following.

It draws you in but it has more 'hokiness' than is like.

The references to the CIA and NSA are annoying considering the content of the show.

The FBI seems helpless at times in order to carry the questionable plot line.

13. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I watched the first season and enjoyed it. Watched the first episode of the second season and gave it up. Just too much 'hokiness' as you say.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Airplane! is now on Netflix. And the heavenly host began to sing and all was well in the world.

"Excuse me, miss, but I speak Jive."

15. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Float, did you ever get your Netflix working on Linux? It's been out for a while, but you can install Netflix Desktop, and it works pretty good. It's not perfect, but you can stream good quality.

16. NorrisAlan

Can you not log into their web site via Mozilla or something on a Linux desktop?

17. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

You can, but you have to have a Windows emulator installed to view it. Netflix is run by Silverlight, which is owned by Microsoft, so it's not natively supported by Linux. You have to download a few tools, but you can get it working, but it's not like running it in Windows.

18. NorrisAlan

Ahhh. Didn't know Netflix ran on Silverlight.