Michael Sam Is Gay.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LawVol13, Feb 9, 2014.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Just about to post this, Law. I think this is sort of the final test for the status of gay people in sports. We have a gay man preparing for the draft in the most macho sport in the country. I'm very curious as to how this one will work itself out. Very bold and brave for Sam to do this at the most vulnerable point in his potential career.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Good for him.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The tide is shifting in this country. It is amazing how fast things happen once a tipping point is reached.

I hope he gets on with an NFL team, somewhere. Or get's it on. Either way is fine with me. Just don't go to Sochi, because they don't have gay people in Sochi.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I'm impressed by this. Extremely brave move.

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Apparently he came out to his teammates before last season. Kudos to them for keeping it quiet.

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'm impressed by this as well. Also, it sounds like his coaches and teammates were highly supportive when he came out to them - that's great to hear. I hope he goes on to great success in the NFL.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Does this mean our OLine is homophobic? They didn't seem very interested in getting close to him.

In all seriousness, kudos to the kid. I hope he goes a long way

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Sam on why he announced it:

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Kudos to his teammates and coaches for keeping their mouths shut and letting him own his moment.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I think people are going to be shocked how much of a non issue this ends up being. If he can help somebody win, they'll take him in and accept him without reservation. If not, he'll get cut like anyone else.

12. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Good luck to the young man, and I hope he has a great NFL career.

13. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Exactly the way it should be.

14. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

The only people that will take issue with this are the overly machismo people out there, that think that playing football with a gay man is going to somehow divide the locker room.

15. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

With shit heads like Incognito in the NFL and you think this will be a non issue? Your crazy.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Winning cures all ills

17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

As it should be

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Hope you are right

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

20. Unimane