Proposed CFB rule change

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Feb 12, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Only the NCAA could hand out a delay of game for snapping the ball too soon.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...es-committee-adjusts-targeting-rule-defensive

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they could solve this problem easily if they just told the officials to set the ball at a normal rate rather than run to set the ball like they do for Oregon and others.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

God forbid you enforce the rules in place

4. JohnnyQuickkick

Making a new rule makes people think you're Doing Something About It

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I like it. The rules are already heavily skewed to benefit the offensive side of the ball. The offense cheats.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It's idiotic to have a play clock and say you have to wait x number of seconds before snapping, but only some of the time. I like droski's take, just tell the ref's to take their time placing the ball if you have a problem with the hurry up, or just come out and force a sub opportunity between each play instead of this backdoor bullshit.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's always annoyed me to no end that the refs run to place the ball for Oregon. why shouldn't I be able to ask for the ball to be placed slowly then? this isn't just them taking advantage of the rules in place it's them changing the refs normal behavior. on the other hand cal's shitpot of a coach runs a hurry up and therefore I don't want the rule changed until my misery is put to an end when he is fired.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch has Tennessee hurry to the line but then slow down once they get set.

9. JayVols

The offense cheats. This is the new version of a "rub" route. It's not a rub. It's a damn pick. And picks are illegal, yet the cheating bastards get away with it.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

Could fix that really easily without adding a dumb rule.

11. JayVols

Yeah. Enforce the ones on the books.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

Well then we agree. Dammit.

13. JayVols

I'm just kidding about liking the rule. I just hate the offense. Anything to hinder them can't be all bad.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I think this board is the only site where you can read about this idiocy.

My fav part is when they do this, change the play twice, and Worley one hops it.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

Seriously it would put more than a few OCs in dire straits if they called picks and rubs. Whole damn pass offenses are built on it.

16. JayVols

Yep.

Offenses cheat.

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

It would severely damage Welker's game.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree that the real solution is for refs not to run to set the ball when it suits them.

19. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I gotta disagree here. The offense dictates the play of the game. This is obviously true in basketball. It's true in tennis where some players play absurdly slow when they serve (Nadal) and the returner has to wait on him, where others (Agassi) played extremely fast and the returners had to ready for the serve to come with the quickness.

Referee contemplation shouldn't factor in. The refs should always run to spot it as quickly as possibly, regardless of whether the offense is trying to snap the ball quickly.