The Section 119 Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Nov 16, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. Excellent anthem by Grace Majors. Good to see that family getting completely reconnected with the Athletic Department.
    2. UT came out of the gate playing reasonably well. As soon as Trae Golden took a break, it completely fell apart.
    3. Kenny Hall's game is a complete wreck right now. I'm flabbergasted at how his game has regressed since he arrived on campus.
    4. Skylar McBee seems to have a much better understanding of why he's on the floor this season. He's there to take every open jumpshot that presents itself.
    5. Jordan McRae was good in spurts, but had stretches where he just floated around. He's got more to offer than what UT is getting out of him right now.
    6. The firefighters and KPD committed crimes against the sport of basketball at halftime. We appreciate that you guys help keep us safe, but save that for the Y or Cal Johnson Rec.
    7. Jeronne Maymon continues to work over guys he has a strength advantage against. Now, he gets to pick on some posts his size or bigger in Maui.
    8. Josh Richardson is going to be a very nice player for UT. His presence alone makes Coach Martin's first recruiting class a success.
    9. Dwight Miller showed more than he had previously. With Hall essentially MIA, he's going to get every opportunity to earn minutes.
    10. Now, it becomes serious business. Maui will give a good indication of where UT stacks up against teams that matter.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Skylar needed someone to give him a long leash and basically tell him "he's the man now". He's gotten stronger too. The first two years his misses were very erratic, and his misses this year have been reasonable.

I said this in my team preview, but if Maymon can be the CJ Black type of player -- 9 ppg, 7 rebounds, a few hustle plays, take up some space, be mean -- he will really contribute.

3. hatvol96

One of McBee's misses tonight was as bad as you will ever see.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's an improvement over 3 a game.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Switching sides over to my side of the Arena, Hat?

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My goals for this team in Maui are very simple. Be competitive the first two days and don't get upset by Chaminade.

I'd really like to see them put on a good showing against Duke, howver, I am quite terrified of what will happen when Golden comes out of the game. Guys are going to have to grow up quick.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Get ready for "Tennessee should have hired Rick Byrd" after Tennessee plays Duke.

8. fun2bow

fun2bow New Member

Very observant.

9. hatvol96

The way UCLA is playing, don't be so sure that UT will play Chaminde if they lose the first two.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I can handle that over "Pearl would have beaten them".

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know shit is about to get "real," but I am satisfied that Martin is not contributing to the disaster that this season may be.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Whats up with Golden? Fools gold. or legit improvement?

I have watched only a few mins so far.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretty sure Golden has legitimately improved.

14. hatvol96

That is a great point. If Martin were a reboot of Wade Houston, this team would win about 4 games.