Occupy Wall Street Demands

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kptvol, Nov 14, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Anyone see these? Some highlights:

Refinance all underwater mortgages at 1%
    Freeze all foreclosures for one year
    Government funded specialized job training programs for everyone
    Taxing corporations to pay for student loans
    No IDs needed for voting
    No electoral college
    Gay marriage legalization
    Medicare for all
    I've also heard talk they want to outlaw homeschooling because it is evidently a way for parents to "brainwash" their children and are looking into taxing the rich at rates up to 90%.

Not sure what a bunch of these even have to do with Wall Street.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

My rebuttal:

College Know it all Hippies (Season 9, Episode 2) - Video Clips - South Park Studios

3. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

that would mean that they're still underwater
    hasn't that already been tried?
    yep, that's either the military or the Peace Corps
    why should anyone else pay for your [uck fay]ing education you dipshit?
    great, I'll just vote in every precinct within driving distance
    how about this, no more popular vote for President?
    meh, straight people have [uck fay]ed up the institution of marriage
    show me how you pay for universal healthcare for 300 million people when more than 50% won't have any responsibility to fund the system
    not surprising, the left hates homeschooling since it takes power away from the teachers' unions

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't really have a problem with the gay marriage stuff, but what the hell does that have to do with occupying Wall Street?

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this is pretty funny shit. sadly obama is probably seriously considering many of these.

6. The 50% are that never any responsibility to fund the system, are the ones that scream they are OWED something from the system.

7. fl0at_

Interesting.

[​IMG]

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

At least they are convincing themselves they are making an impact. That one guy in the other thread was saying "Do you see how strong we are? Do you see?!?!" And I saw a guy with a sign on the news today saying "We're Still Winning". Not if the competition is life, my friend.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I believe we are actually the 4 % of the world, but who's counting.

10. kev2012

kev2012 New Member

Anne Hathaway just became 100% less attractive to me

[​IMG]

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Angry sex would be hot.

Occupy Denver is back with a vengeance. They got tear-gassed and merrily beaten with batons a couple of weeks ago, but they shut down downtown today apparently. I don't know how big they are, but it is more than a few hundred, possibly as much as a 1000?

I've avoided them completely, but I am thinking they and "Occupy Boulder," which I have seen, have 100 % overlap in membership.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

When January rolls in, they'll roll out.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

too toothy for me

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What [uck fay]ing percent is Anne Hathaway in? For the amount of money she makes relative to the amount of time she actually works she must be around 0.00000000000001%

16. volinbham

volinbham Member

This is the real story right here. It's completely media fueled now.

17. fl0at_

I agree that they are a nuisance and unorganized, but that isn't necessarily a reason to crush liberty. Whatever, though, I'm less inclined to care about Constitutional freedoms these days; no one else cares, so why should I?

18. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

how is it "crushing liberty"? How long should a city or town continue to provide police protection and other services to the occupy encampments?

it's one thing to exercise your rights, it's entirely another thing when you expect the taxpayers to subsidize your protests

19. fl0at_

They shouldn't. They should inform them that they are withdrawing police "protection" and do so, not remove the protesters in order to decrease that presence. That is the tail wagging the dog.

If the CITY put the services there in the first place, don't complain that the event is draining the resources. Complain that the resources were used in the first place.

Further, why not shut down all malls and stores during the holidays? Clearly these weeks of sales are a drain on police resources necessary to prevent shop lifters...