We make look back as this being the day before the apocalypse.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Nov 18, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could be a rough week if things don't go our way on Saturday. I've went ahead and circled all the ads for free puppies and kittens in the paper, so I can keep my stomping and kicking needs amply supplied in the event of defeat.

2. WM

WM Active Member

Then again, if we do somehow pull off the w, it's [uck fay]ing Vandy. It's really a lost weekend either way.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Exactly. Nothing to gain. What little we have left to lose.

At the same time, not having my [penis] feel 2 inches shorter by not making a bowl game would be nice.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Would be a monumental meltdown. TOOS would still be pumping sunshine and bunny rabbits. If we lose to Vandy Saturday, I look for a good chance to lose to Ken...Kent...Kentu...., aw hell, I can't even type it.

But we are young, inexperienced, and injured....... You think they will add an asterisk to all our losses to note said excuses so we won't feel so bad about ourselves?

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

If I were ever even to entertain the idea of losing to Vandy, I'd just give up and spend my Saturdays at the Hispanic flea market. 24-7 Vols, ya'll.

6. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I understand being pessimistic/realistic about the Vandy game.

The Kentucky game, though?

[​IMG]

7. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

you know the world is going all to hell when the vols are catching 1.5 at home against vandy though. apocalypse may not be that far off...

8. JayVols

Twas just a bit of hyperbole.... But just in case, we're young, inexperienced and injured....so we've got that going for us. Which isn't so nice.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

[video=youtube;IGVZOLV9SPo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGVZOLV9SPo&ob=av3n[/video]

10. JayVols

......IP, IP, IP. You ain't right, my friend... :)......

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If we get knocked out of a bowl tomorrow (against a bad team), we go to Lexington as a bad team with nothing to play for.

Given the state of UT football Im not gonna call it a done deal that we don't lose to KY finally.

If we win tomorrow we win by 2 scores plus next week. We lose? That game in Lexington is closer than it should be.

12. JayVols

Eggs actly Beech. My hyperbole had a smidge of truth that had this scenario in mind.

13. Beechervol

If we lose tomorrow we could just as easy go 0 fer the SEC. And thats not pissed off emotions talking.

14. Beechervol

To add to that. There is a vibe from this program right now that we're not supposed to be any good to curb the expectations of the idiots that expect 10 wins no matter what. I think the team has bought into that.

15. JayVols

There does seem to be a bit of el-fulfilling prophecy going on in Knoxville. I understand Dooley's straight talk approach, but at some point if all the players hear about is how bad they suck, how devoid of quality players we have, how injuries have taken any chance of winning away from us in the media, eventually the players will buy into that to some degree. As the season has progressed, the more I feel like the bad mouthing of our team by our own coached is an attempt by Dooley to cover his own ass. We get it Derek, we suck. Now STFU in the media, go to work in practice, and do something to change that......

16. JayVols

*self fulfilling prophecy

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I had a baseball coach that said: "You show me a good loser and I'll show you a consistent one". I think that analogy applies in this case.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't mind a coach going to the media if said player is half-assing it during practice and sucking it up, but a coach should never throw a player under the bus if he is giving it his all and just isn't good enough.

19. Beechervol

Plus 1.

Best case situation for Dooleys future. Win out, win your bowl, seal up a top 10 recruiting class and pray for health next year. From this point forward he needs some positives to put in the bank for his future to be extended here. Finishing this season 3-0 and hauling in some more talent is a good step.

I have no idea what he does, he may be playing blind from the start next year and on the boiler quick.

20. Beechervol

Anybody with one eye and half sense understands he's playing behind the 8 ball right now with talent. No reason to keep bringing that up, it gets to a point where it is an excuse. Just keep quiet, make your team better, recruit some depth. win some games. He can do the first 2 on that list right now. The last 2 take some time which he is gonna get either way.