The Great American Race Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Dick Huffman, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Where you watching from?
    Who are you pulling for?
    And
    Whose your dark horse?

I'm in Cleveland, TN and I'm split between Bad Brad and Stewart. My dark horse is Trevor Bayne.

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

3. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

I'm going to take a nap, wake me up when they wreck.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This minus the wake me up part.

5. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

They should really schedule the thing for early evening, seems every year has a weather delay

6. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

anyone see the pic of the possible tornado that passed just north of the race track

7. Just refired the engines. 6 hours later we're finally about to get back to racing.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Just when I was wondering what I was going to do tonight...

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Ole Fale getting the win. Good for him.

10. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

still don't understand why he is Fail, you don't win 20 races by accident. i'm in no way saying he is one of the greatest. i know you're a Outlaw Busch fan, but didn't he win the year Jr got docked those points after talladega. which if you added those points back he would've won the championship

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Uhh, no.

Like I said, good for him.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I don't mind seeing junior win. It was unfair from the start to measure him up with his father but he is certainly no Kyle Petty either. He may never be a Cup champion but he's won enough to prove he belongs in the sport.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's definitely an above average driver. He's always a threat on plate races and he's a fairly decent top 15ish finisher in every race.

If his last name wasn't Earnhardt, he would be a guy that everybody liked and very few loved.

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I agree with this entire post, but in particular the last sentence. I have no doubt you are spot on. He has more wins than many fan's heroes. Like 615 said he will never be his father as far as driving ability, but he is not a Kyle Petty either.