Sorry Foxnews, The "Occupy Shooter" is a misnomer.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Nov 18, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

sort of like when the rest of the media immediately went out and put FNC, Palin and the Tea Party in the same bed as Jarrod Laughner?

still waiting on the apology from Paul Krugman.

3. We have a winner!

[uck fay] Occupy and the entire left. Those slimy [uck fay]s have NO PROBLEM making up a good story. Maybe Media Matters is the one lying on Fox.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't understand. So you guys are "pro-lies" for Fox, because someone else lied too? Where's the moral high ground?

5. I'm not "pro lies".

I am "pro fight dirty tactics with even dirtier tactics".

6. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

first of all, your source is media matters, an organization that wouldn't know the "moral high ground" from a speed bump

media matters focuses on the morning show, did subsequent FNC programming include similar on-screen content?

it's quite possible that sometime later in the morning show, or during a later show, FNC apologized for wrongly associating the WH shooter with OWS/DC. It's doubtful that media matters would have reported that since it wouldn't have fit their agenda.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It's just as possible that they didn't make a retraction because it doesn't fit Fox's agenda. Cuts both ways. The real tragedy is that news outlets have agendas. We all lose as a result.

8. JayVols

I don't disagree with Newt, but at the same time, Fox is a branch of the 'Anybody but Obama' campaign. Alleged news organizations should report the facts and leave the meanings for the viewer to sort out. What's even worse is when news outlets makes claims of non-bias, yet a blind, deaf, and mute person could detect the obvious biases.

9. JayVols

Addendum to my previous post: I think media biases are as much of a testament to the intellectual laziness of the American public as anything else. We, as a nation want to be spoon fed; thus, we pretty much only listen to outlets that parrots our beliefs. We are either unwilling or uninterested in listening to beliefs that oppose our own. We won't make the effort required to challenge our beliefs to see just how much we believe them or how 'right' those beliefs really are. If we were willing to do that, there would be no market for biased news reporting.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Boom goes the dynamite.

11. WM

WM Active Member

Well that's scary.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

13. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

14. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

he shows brief flashes of brilliance then will take a leap in logic that makes lawgator or gsvol seem downright reasonable

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

"very doubtful?" Of course it is doubtful, that was the point. It was a joke. Sheesh, guys.

16. JayVols

You should know that joking about a conservative's or liberal's various sacred cows are frowned upon by those dyed in the wool faithful.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just don't get it. Probably because I lack wool or dye. More of a polyester guy.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Reports coming out he is a Vandy fan.