Anyone who thinks Dooley can't manage games....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

...has a ton of ammunition with the end of this game. What the [uck fay] was that? I don't care if we win or lose this game, but the 20 seconds after the Waggner INT was about the biggest bunch of horseshit I've seen. Wait, 9 seconds to call a TO and then just take a knee. Holy shit, I just....I don't know.

2. Dooley is a graduate of the Les Miles School of Clock Management.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I have no idea what was going on there.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah... My only explanation is that after Dooley burned the TO Bray told him, "Forget I can't throw the long ball well." But considering Bray, I highly doubt that happened. Even if it did, should have called the TO sooner so you'd have enough time for a possible spike and kick attempt.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I took it as Bray looked like he wanted to line the crew up and throw it, and Dooley wanted to reel him in before he took his own shot.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

NO idea, he needs to explain this.

7. WM

WM Active Member

Dooley spends TO's like MC hammer spends money. I don't get it honestly.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know he has done the same thing once before, at a halftime. It was this season. I don't get it.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd hope he'll discuss it during the DD Show.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What was he exploding on the side lines at his staff for, prior to the INT being overruled? He went off on someone.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I would love to hear an explanation of that as well....he was going off.

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

It looked like he wasnt going to challenge the play and went off on the assistants for yelling at him for not challenging right away.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

After tonight, I am even more convinced that Dooley is in waaaaaay over his head. We are an undisciplined football team. That's coaching. That Chinese firedrill cluster [uck fay] at the end with a TO with 2 seconds then a kneel down is glaring evidence that we have a Chevette coach trying to succeed in a Corvette league. I can't wait until I hear the explanation for that.

14. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

based on his post game interview on the field he was waiting to make sure he could challenge it before. It looked like he was just pissed that his assistants kept interrupting him talking to the officials about the call/what he could do. Of course, none of y'all will accept this theory because you can't make Dooley look very stupid this way.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I didn't listen to the post game stuff, but just watching the game that seems like what it was.

16. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

ESPNU interviewed him as he was heading off the field and he talked about making sure that the play was able to be challenged. I have enough faith in Dooley to know he understands the rules of the game and knew he had quite a while to decide to challenge the game. It wasn't like Vandy had the opportunity to hurry up and run a play so it couldn't be overruled.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I was referring to the end of the 4th quarter, not the OT call. I knew a knee down + a whistle kills the play and is ureviewable. I just didn't know there was no whistle.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I was ready to fire Dooley on the spot through the third quarter, but now, beating Vandy in such a crushing, hobnail boot way will leave me giddy at least until Tennessee hammers Duke Monday.

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I think there was a whistle Jay. They botched it and were covering their you know what for the storm that was about the reign down.

20. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

j

I wasn't answering you, I was responding to those talking about him going off on his assistants before the challenge. I too was disappointed with the end of regulation. My only theory was he didn't trust Palardy to kick it (completely understand imo, jmo, iyam, tifwiw) so he figured one play for Bray to go deep and that way if it's picked off, Vandy can't run a play. Then he realized with Bray's thumb, there was no way he could throw it deep and decided to go for a kneel.