We are in the the depths of football hell.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Nov 19, 2011.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Its a fact people. Starting to believe Dooley is not the answer. Chaney is not for sure. Probably a reason Kiffin called the plays and just had Chaney sit on his ass. We are the most poorly coached team I have ever seen. Even last year we showed more flashes of affectiveness.

2. WM

WM Active Member

Not a Chaney fan. Still holding hope out for Dooley.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just want to win games again. Is that so [uck fay]ing hard?

Apparently.

4. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Turn those frowns upside down, fellas.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm content for the day. Liberty Bowl. Whoo hoo. I'll actually get to go to a game this year...

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I think Music City has priority and will piss all over themselves at the chance to get UT again.

7. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Who goes to the Liberty Bowl? Like the second best Conference USA team?

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

fyp

9. fl0at_

Whoo hoo. Music City Bowl. I'll get to go to a game this year.

Although, I'm 0-1 with MCB after last year, so... might sit this one out.

10. fl0at_

Liberty
    C-USA No. 1 vs. Big East/SEC No. 8/9
    Houston is #1 CUSA team.

Music City
    ACC No. 6 vs. SEC No. 7

11. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Houston's looking like they'll get into a BCS bowl if they win out. Wouldn't that just be neat though to see Sumlin's offense against Tennessee.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Houston is also 11th in the BCS and set to move up. They might be an automatic qualifier, depending on whether or not they finish ahead of Boise, who is currently 10th.

13. fl0at_

I think Houston deserves the spot more than Boise. Non-AQ only get one slot right?

14. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

A win is a win is a win. [uck fay] Vandy.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Potentially 2, I think. Only guaranteed 1. Remember when they made TCU and Boise play each other in a BCS Bowl, to avoid any embarrassments to the BCS?

There is nothing stopping any particular team from picking up the other at-large... other than aBCS team that is ranked higher and looks better.

16. Maybe we will go to the poker tables in Tunica...er...the Liberty Bowl...that is what I meant to say. The Liberty Bowl.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Houston wins out and I think they'll play in the Sugar Bowl. As of now, I guess Southern Miss will go to Liberty. I hope they get a shot at Miss State if they do.

I thought through it last night, and assuming all plays out how I think it will, here is SEC Bowl placements

BCS - LSU
    BCS - Bama
    Cap One - Arkansas
    Outback - UGA
    Cotton - SC
    Chick-fil-a - Auburn
    Gator - Florida
    MCB - Tennessee
    Liberty - State

A couple of those could be flipped (Auburn to Cotton maybe), but I don't see is dropping past Nashville. I don't have a clue as to who we'd play, but I don't see us dropping past that one. Actually, scratch that, I'll guess Miami or Wake.